shape
carat
color
clarity

Comments on these LG Diamond

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 'Optical Light Performance' section of the certificate appears to have an ASET picture on it, but they seem to be using it to show symmetry rather than light return - the IdealScope images look good but if the 'ASET' is representative of real life performance, I would be worried about leakage under the table.

@flyingpig is better at interpretetation than me so might be able to chime in!

It is pretty good for a lab stone, though, not many of those are very well cut. I and VS2 are also good places to be in terms of clarity and colour :)

Just to ask, have you discussed the purchase of a diamond with the intended recipient? So you can confirm if they are colour-sensitive (and therefore if an I is okay) and ask whether they would be happy with a lab stone? They are, of course, identical to mined stones (in terms of the material they are made of) but some people perceive them to be 'fake', even though they will look and perform identically if cut well.

mojonba

Rough_Rock
Hello Shiny,

Yes my GF is fine with a LG I Color.

It seems you can look at the GCAL Cert Pictures more in detail at the GCAL website.

http://www.gemfacts.com/cert/CertSearch
Cert No. 262300185

Is the light leakage much?

Thanks,

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty sure the symmetry image is not an ASET and does not indicate the way light is reflected to the sides of the diamond.

You should know that the highest GCAL cut grade is Ideal, but the highest symmetry and brilliance grades are Excellent.

The HCA dislikes it because it is deep, but deeper stones have more flash and fire and past a certain point the dimmer area under the table is not really noticeable.

The one other thing I would point out is that a lab grown I will tend to be grey, not yellow which can be very pretty but looks a little different.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results