shape
carat
color
clarity

Comments on the sarin and photo of this radiant cut please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Antique Radiant

Rough_Rock
photo next post

Price: $10,900
Report: GIA
Shape: Radiant
Carat: 2.02
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 61.8
Table: 65
Girdle: T-M
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 8.27-6.85X4.23
Length/Width: 1.21

SARINe1q12.JPG

Antique Radiant

Rough_Rock
photo...

I am fine with H VS2 BTW

diamonde12e1.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING!!!!
lickout.gif
eek.gif
1.gif
It is a real beauty and has the right #s to be a winner. Do you have an IdealScope image?
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is Whiteflash the 'perpetrator' ? Nice pic and stone
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
does it have a bow-tie? Doesn't look it. I'd check, though!
1.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice looking stone...Is this from Whiteflash?
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bow tie in a rad? Possible, but you need a real dog for that. If the stone is square, you can get - two 'bow thies' (regions with less 'sparkle' centered on the facets. Princess cuts show thsi sometimes, again, not the front runners at all. The effect is virtually unavoidable in ovals and marquizes. It should be at most marginal in sqares. No sign of it here
2.gif

Antique Radiant

Rough_Rock
this is from whiteflash - i have to say they have been very helpful

i've been lurking around on pricescope for a year or so, doing my research - anticipating the prospect of getting engaged to my girlfriend

i've been seriously looking for about 3-6 months and this stone was really the first on that caught my eye (just using the pricescope price search engine and visiting vendor websites)

bottom line is that i will probably purchase this very shortly, subject to what the opinions of more knowledgeable people on this board and others say

i am rally excited at this point as i was getting a bit annoyed with different vendors telling me that tables and depths over 70% are really good and i shouldn't pay attention to GIA certificates and my girlfriend won't know the difference!
angryfire.gif
they didn't seem to understand that i would know...
rolleyes.gif

your comments are very much appreciated
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aha! The only thing that still can add info to the already quite informative set of numbers on this one, would be an Iscope pic. Whiteflash does them for their rounds... Radiants are not really supposed to yield all-red & black, no light-loss Iscope signatures, but one of those pics would tell lots about the contrast (distribution of reds and whites) and brilliance of this piece.

In all honesty, the look of the stone is so fine so far that I would probably pass this last brush of analysis.

Did you see the rads with Bscope reports on GoodOldGold? The one listed here successfully competes for charm with any of them, but those would give a nice reference set for an Iscope portrait on this one
1.gif

Antique Radiant

Rough_Rock
the stuff on goodoldgold was interesting - i'm looking to wire the cash later today

thanks for all your helpful comments!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
The numbers look good, and note that the table being larger than the depth can have two disctinct issues (depends on your taste)

It's a 2.02, and MAY look like a 2.10 or so, because the table is so large (comparatively). This can be an asset if you like size. Also, not sure if it has it, but you may see a bow-tie or fish eye on this, because the depth is lower than table...when viewing it from the top on the side (45 degrees from the top facet), you may see a dark spot or dark facet, meaning the cut is not OPTIMAL...this may not bug you or her, but it's a consideration, I would see it in person before buying. I would NEVER buy a radiant on numbers, because unless you are a pro, numbers can mean next to nothing until you see it...

We had to see a stone with fabulous numbers, and it was a dog. The stone I have had similar numbers, but the crown was higher, and gave it a sparkle that outmatched what we saw... here's the thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-little-radiant-that-could.13996/

Either way, good luck, and I DO suggest seeing it first, or buying it, and returning within whatever time period they have if you are not TOTALLY happy... Some Radiants under 70% are REALLY hard to find, and this seems a good buy...GOOD LUCK!!!! Let us know how it works out!

Antique Radiant

Rough_Rock
Thanks... whiteflash has a 10 day return policy

I will get it all checked out prior to getting it set!
1.gif

cheers
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results