shape
carat
color
clarity

comments on cab sapphire from Tan?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm useless at reading Tan's videos/photos of sapphires but this one looks very rich in colour (which is good) but then very dark (which would concern me especially if it'll darken when set). Are you ok with heated stones?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't buy it for myself. Too dark & a lot of extinction. Depends on what you like, though.

--- Laurie

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I'm fine with heated stones, but that's it.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time telling "rich" from "dark" here, and it's harder (for me) to identify extinction in a cabochon.

Not expensive, but a lot more expensive than not buying it...

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It's pretty dark. I would not call if "cornflower" blue. But I love cabs and if you don't mind dark stones it could be a nice stone. Of if it turns out it's so dark it almost looks black unless under sunlight that would be a real bummer.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour is rich but it has also tipped into the too dark category for me. I think looking straight down, you'll have a hard time seeing that blue shine through.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've bought multiple sapphires from him. IMO that one will read as just plain dark unless you carry around a flashlight :tongue:

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the input! I think you are all correct on the darkness issues. Oh that we could carry around flashlights!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure we can; just strap on LED lights on our foreheads the way coal miners do. :bigsmile:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1358428665|3357679 said:
Sure we can; just strap on LED lights on our foreheads the way coal miners do. :bigsmile:

There's actually an old thread around here where Michael E shows off the latest fashion in gem collecting with the headmounted stone lighting! IIRC, it was a pretty funny picture of the latest acoutrement for those of us gem fashionistas! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results