shape
carat
color
clarity

Comments / critique on a .94 Princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fcres

Rough_Rock
Curious as to what you think about this rock. Sale price at $4,680.
Good Deal or Not?
How would a .94 compare to a 1C?
Any Suggestions?

Shape: Princess
Carat: 0.94
Color: E
Clarity: VVS2
Depth: 70.4
Table: 70
Crown Angle: 41.3
Crown %: 8.7
Pavilion Angle: 56.9
Pavilion %: 59.3
Girdle: Very thin to slightly thick
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 5.54-5.51X3.88
Length/Width: 1.01

Ideal Scope jpeg.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 1 carat princess about 74% deep would be exactly the same size - and that''s the vast majority of princess cuts.
At most, a 1 carat may be 5.8mm square or so (below 65% total depth)...but such stones are not common and may not be particularly fine cuts either.

I would have loved to see "very good" or better symmetry and a nicer Ideal Scope signature (not that this is bad, just average, and not too clear actually) to go with the top color and clarity grades on that one. That it is 94 intead of 100 points in weight doesn''t mean much and definitely does not show anywhere.

There seem to be a few better (IMO) choices around: THIS seems more brilliant, and THIS appears a finer cut.

Just my 0.2, of course.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/15/2004 7
6.gif
3:51 PM
Author:fcres
Curious as to what you think about this rock. Sale price at $4,680.
Good Deal or Not?
How would a .94 compare to a 1C?
Any Suggestions?

Hi fcres
35.gif

Let me begin by saying I''m a very picky princess purchaser
2.gif
I don''t know if you asked what we thought of that particular stone but I''ll tell you anyway that I''m not wild about it... crown''s too low - you can see the light leakage in all the white on the i-scope shot. Also, the girdle varies too much & I shy away from princesses w very thin girdles. I also try to look for VG in symmetry & polish but it''s not necessary (I believe it simply shows more care put into the making of the stone).

Anyway - to answer your Qs - the price is right about on target w what you should expect to pay on the i-net. That particular stone will look as big as many 1ct stones, as it''s not as deep as most princesses. Suggestions... well, there''s a few that I like...
4.gif

First, this SC .93 E VS1 - altho it costs more, it''s a beaut - now that''s an i-scope shot!

Second & third are two from Engagement Rings Direct - there''s no crown height but the numbers look promising (you''d have to ask Mark to run a sarin to get the crown height info)... .94 F VS2 for $3700 and this 1.02 G VS2 for approx $4200.

And, finally, this signature series diamond from DCD - it''s an SI1 but I can''t see the inclusion at all in their magnified image
1.gif
1ct F SI1 for approx $4900.

Best of luck to you fcres!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I would pass on this stone. The numbers are not good, and the ideal scope is just average. I''d write more, but I''d just be repeating Alexah''s comments--she knows her stuff!

fcres

Rough_Rock
I truly appreciate the feedback and suggestions... keep them coming!!

One aspect I would like some replies on is when I ran this through gemappraisers.com it came back as a 1B rating. Are there many rocks out there with a similar rating at a similar price? If so, where are they hiding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results