shape
carat
color
clarity

comment on my diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladydia

Rough_Rock
I got a 0.61 ct diamond of from a shop. The diamond does not has a GIA cert. but the seller told me that it was VVS2 and G-H in color with hearts and arrows pattern. Of course, I could see the hearts clearly via H&A scope and even without a scope. However I couldn't see arrows pattern clearly. Why? Is it a ideal cut? Is it a good diamond? How much is it in market? Can any one give some comments on my diamond. Thanks

LCIMG1167.JPG

ladydia

Rough_Rock
picture 2

LCIMG1155.JPG

ladydia

Rough_Rock
picture 3

LCIMG1163.JPG

ladydia

Rough_Rock
picture 4

LCIMG1139b.JPG

ladydia

Rough_Rock
picture 5

LCIMG1172.JPG

ladydia

Rough_Rock
picture 6

LCIMG1179.JPG

ladydia

Rough_Rock
picture 7

LCIMG1186.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those pictures are SO well done
1.gif
They really put the diamond in one's hand. Congratulations!
2.gif

However, that is no H&A diamond. It gets closer to that than most pieces out there, but most would not call it H&A. Why? Well, the pattern is not formed in the standard way (explained at length in the tutorial on this site). In theory, any round diamond with decent symmetry would show some kind of harts and arrows there, but the name goes for a certain look of that pattern. These being said, you have a high quality stone. What is an "ideal" cut is not generally accepted, even if every seller has it's own idea and "ideal cut" diamonds. From the H&A perspective, your stone would not be "ideal H&A", if you ask someone who believes that "ideal" diamonds are those with top light return, than your stone can well be one (o telling without some testing in this regard).

Actually, your stone seems to be among the better cut, non H&As, which means that you have got a great diamond without the premium of a brand name cut (I hope).

As about price of comparable pieces: well, the range of color-clarity you give make prices bounce all over. As far as I know, VVS clarity is assigned on certificate only after more than one grader confirms it, so one jeweler may want to stick with VS1 for best in-house grade. Anyway, I would still consider 2k reasonable for this, and start at 2.5K for a true H&A, G-VS1 or better.

This is just my 0.2 in the matter. Oh, and did I say that I love that stone? And the pictures?
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Nice shots!
9.gif

As for the arrows pattern, it looks like the stone was tilted. It's NOT a H&A, but looks nevertheless a well made stone and the presence of some kind of pattern is always a good sign.
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
This is positively not an H&A stone....but as long as the price paid wasn't inflated for H&A status, no worries.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
That looks like a really cool setting - why don't you get a photo of the ring on a finger, or from other angles? The stone seems quite nice.
10.gif

ladydia

Rough_Rock
wavey.gif
Thank you very much for all of your comments.
Now I know that it is not a H&A diamond. And next time I won't pursue a H&A diamond. Just as you said, after set the stone, you no more can see the hearts.
twirl.gif

I am now looking for a bigger stone, budget US$2000. Do you think I better buy a diamond with GIA cert.?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/15/2004 11:33:51 AM ladydia wrote:

wavey.gif
Thank you very much for all of your comments.
Now I know that it is not a H&A diamond. And next time I won't pursue a H&A diamond. Just as you said, after set the stone, you no more can see the hearts.
twirl.gif

I am now looking for a bigger stone, budget US$2000. Do you think I better buy a diamond with GIA cert.?----------------

You can't see the hearts when the stone is mounted, but you still can see the arrows. My stone is like yours. . .it's not a H&A, but it's close and because it still well cut, it sparkles like crazy. I bet your diamond is amazing. . .it sure looks beautiful in the photos you've shared.

Michelle

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I can't add anything regarding the stone that hasn't already been said. I do want to comment on the setting -- it looks really beutiful and unique. I, too, would like to see more pictures of the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results