shape
carat
color
clarity

Coming soon too - Precision Set / GOG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

willaskhersoon

Rough_Rock
Hi

I've been a lurker on this board more than anything - but I used what I learned to come up with the engagement ring below - thanks for all your help (even though you may not know it - some of your postings/comments and the SEARCH feature really helped me). I should be getting the ring early next week but we'll see what happens. She knows about the diamond (but not the setting and has no idea that I actually purchased everything already) but I'm gonna surprise her - we are suppose to go out next week to celebrate my TINY
emcry.gif
raise. She'll be surprised/shocked and hopefully very happy! I'll post my own pictures when I get the ring and some to snap a few digital pix.

(thanks to mrmedoes - i used his posting as my template! - we both actually bought from Good Old Gold and also chose Precision Set settings...)

Here are the specs and pics:
1.506 ct, G, VS2
AGS 000 - H&A
Depth: 60.5%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 34.9
Pavillion Angle: 40.7
Girdle Min: 0.9%, Max 1.2%

HCA: 1.2
BrillanceScope: H/VH, VH, H/VH

Precision Set #7703 in plantium.

willask1.jpg

mrmedoes

Shiny_Rock
Awesome. You''re welcome for the template, I think I covered most of the things that people ask for in terms of specs, though goodness knows I probably forgot something!

As for the setting, I think you''ll be just fine. You went a little bigger on the diameter/carat weight and it holds the diamond better. I really like the graduated channel on it... then again, I''ve found that I like quite a few of their settings. I''m sure she''ll love it. I saw your stone on the site when I was finalizing all mine, and it had an awesome heart design. I''m not sure she''ll ever get past it to look at the setting!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!! I''m sure she''ll love it. The setting is beautiful and the center stone is huge, white and sparkly. How can you go wrong?!?! Good luck and please come back with some hand shots!!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Another beautiful ring!!! Love the setting...do you know carat weight of diamonds in setting/width of setting??? just wondering....

30.gif
30.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it!

I just love the Precision Set settings.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
a beautiful ring. I love Precision Set designs...bold and beautiful!!

willaskhersoon

Rough_Rock
thanks everyone for all your compliments - its helping me cope with the stress that she may not like it or that the ring may be too big, etc.
emotion-18.gif
but i think she''s gonna like it.

mrmedoes - thanks for the kind comments... it really has been a nerve wrecking wait but looks like we''re almost there :) you got to let us know how it goes when you pop the question man. btw, how do you think your steelers are gonna do??

Maxine - sorry I don''t know the width of the setting but I saw the same design (at least I believe it was the same one) at a local jeweler and it was a little large but not too much. I was (still am a little) concerned about the width because she has very small fingers - size 3.5. There are .50tcw of diamonds in the channel set.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That ring is just stunning! There is no way that she is not going to be absolutely thrilled!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
oh that''s awesome.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, she''s gonna love it! well done
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''m sure she''ll be surprise by is beautiful ring.
36.gif
36.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
It will look great on her......I''m sure she''ll love it....it''s beautiful.......I love the way the diamonds taper in size!!
30.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s gorgeous!!
30.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely perfect! She is going to love it!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s fabulous - and I love that 1.5 ct rock! It''s jewelry blasphemy that you might think it''s too big
2.gif
...don''t worry, if she does, bring her here and we''ll knock some sense into her. I had to UPGRADE just to get my 1.5 ct stone!!!

I love the graduated channel set shank...it fits the stone perfectly and she''s going to love it! Good luck with your proposal!!
36.gif

willaskhersoon

Rough_Rock
I got the ring on Saturday (8/13/05) I proposed that night... well around 2 a.m. so the next day
1.gif

She loves the ring and for the first few days really couldn't stop looking at it. That Saturday night she went out with some of her girlfriends and I had plans to play poker with some friends. Instead I changed my plans and arranged/decorated her room with a ton of candles, flowers, roses, etc. She got home and I answered the door wearing a long sleeve shirt, tie and slacks - holding a single rose. She knew at that moment (I wanted to hide in the kitchen and watch her open the door to her room and then come out and surprise her but that changed due to some things out of my control.)

Anyways she said YES!

I wanted to thank everyone at Good Old Gold - Jonathan and his crew. They were excellent and I would highly recommend them!! They answered all of my questions very quickly and were helpful, courteous and just absolutely great every step of the way.

Here are some pics:

willask01.jpg

burnban35

Rough_Rock
I absolutely love it. Great hand shot. It looks huge on her finger. Lucky Girl!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks even more gorgeous on her hand and that stone looks beautiful. Just perfect.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh I just love this ring....the lines are simple and is sleek and lovely. Very nice!

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is BEAUTIFUL! I love everything about it and it looks fabulous on her hand! Congratulations to the both of you! You would almost think that she was just waiting for the moment with her perfectly manicured nails!

Great job in creating such a special ring!
36.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it looks absolutely gorgeous on her hand. Congratulations on your engagement!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results