shape
carat
color
clarity

Coming out of the closet, and not like R. Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allie_oops

Rough_Rock
Long time lurker finally coming out to share her tidbits. I figured, if I could get off my butt to sign up so I could finally respond to posts, I could make an attempt to show you my wares. This may or may not work, but I''m going to give it a shot.

DH has the papers hidden at home somewhere, so the only details I can remember off the top of my head are:
1.58 ct (mostly) square emerald from the 1920''s.
30-ish points of baguettes on the side
F
VS1
Depth is on the deep side, around 71%.

That''s all I got for that part. My memory is fading as I get older.

Now, for the picture attempts.
28.gif
If I can get this one right, you''ll see more shortly. If I can''t, I may have to move them or try again from home.

473649897205_0_ALB.jpg

Allie_oops

Rough_Rock
Huh, so I actually made it work on the first try. Yeah me. I know they''re on the dark side, sorry. Weird lighting thing outside at about 6:45pm.

More pics.

419559897205_0_ALB.jpg
181249897205_0_ALB.jpg
285369897205_0_ALB.jpg

Allie_oops

Rough_Rock
Oh, yeah, finger size is 5 1/4. Which I never thought was big, but damn, I never met so many size 4 ring fingers in my life!
28.gif

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Hi Allie... Welcome!
35.gif

Is it just me, or am I the only one who CAN''T see the pictures?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i can''t see them either...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t see them either
39.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
can''t see them too!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I can''t see them either and I really want to!

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
I can''t see them either!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
allie, are you loading them off your hard drive? if so, you can only upload one pic at a time and you have to give it a unique name. if they are on the internet somewhere you can load them using the url. feel free to pm me if you'd like some help.

Allie_oops

Rough_Rock
Ah, crapola. And I thought I was doing so well.
Sorry, folks.
They''re online at Kodak and I suspected they might not share very well and I guess my instincts were right.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
try to download them to your harddrive. If you have problems email me.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I can''t see the pics either.
39.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Still looking for pics
11.gif
hehe
3.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I can see them! I think they look spiffy, very nice. I am going to try and repost them for everyone else if I can.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I hope ya''ll can see these!

allieoopsring.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
thanks matatora
36.gif
36.gif

I can see them now...allie, your rings looks lovely
1.gif
love the detail work...

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Matadora!

Allie! It looks beautiful!
3.gif
Any chance of getting any more closeup pictures? I'd love to see more detail.

I've got an old square EC, too (c. 1920s) also with a depth over 71%...so I'm partial to these old guys. Is your's an inherited piece?

Please!!! More pictures!

widget

Allie_oops

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I was in a torturous meeting the last two hours.

Thanks for the repost! I was in the early stages of trying to do it when I had to take off. Damn work gets in the way of the fun stuff.
36.gif

Allie_oops

Rough_Rock
Ah, the story. Sorry. Between work and my first time posting picture disaster (thanks again, Matatora) and being VERY hungry, I''m a little out of sorts.

This is my engagement ring given to me by my now darling hubbie (of a year). The original plan was to design a more modern engagement ring (I adore Steven Kretchmer). But this was in the days before we discovered Pricescope so he was working with a local jeweler, almost entirely blind, trying to find "the perfect stone". Poor boy. I can''t imagine what he went through. He knew I wanted an EC or Asscher, but that was about the extent of his diamond knowledge. Back and forth he went with different stones, and then the local guy found this ring at an estate sale. Showed it to Jon (the boy) and he fell in love. Now I''m the proud owner of a gorgeous estate piece that I wouldn''t have looked for in a million years.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Wow!! Your ring is gorgeous!! I love vintage pieces!! Congrats!!
30.gif
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, your ring is just stunning!!! Glad you decided to join us and welcome!!!!
35.gif
35.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!! I''d love to see more pix & hear about the band too. Couldn''t tell from the pix, but does the band have channel set ec''s in it? Or it is engraved?

BTW - I love both modern & vintage. I had a Catherine Iskiw postcard in my "must have" file for about 8 years, & even considered a sapphire RHR of that super modern, industrial design ... but for my future Ering ... vintage-y.

Have you fallen in love with it as much as he was? It is SO lovely!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Allie, Welcome to PS! We are so glad you showed us your rings. They are beautiful! I adore vintage pieces and yours is just gorgeous! Can we please see some more close ups?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful. I love step-cuts. They are so elegant.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous. I love vintage pieces and yours is simply stunning. Can we get some more pictures? Pleeeeease!?!?!
36.gif

Allie_oops

Rough_Rock
You''re all such sweethearts! I''ll try to take more pictures later and post them PROPERLY this time.

The wedding band is another story. We didn''t have much money for bands (bought a house at the same time as the wedding) so I was trying to find something that fit, because the setting was so low, but not curved, so I could wear it on its own but also cheap. I wasn''t demanding.

What I have on is actually a tiny titanium ring with a few diamonds hammer set (I think that''s what they called it) into the band. There are (8) 3 pointers (I think) set around the band.
28.gif
It was what worked at the time to have a little sparkle at a reasonable price. I have a big birthday coming up so I''m hoping I can get a little more.
31.gif
Dropping hints as we speak.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I''ll love a close-up of the ring too! It looks awesome :)

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
such a pretty ring! thanks for sharing... I love the antique rings. They have so much character.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results