shape
carat
color
clarity

Comfrot Level of "X" prongs

Klarizze

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody,

I am very recently searching for an engagement ring for my girlfriend. I bought a very nice stone from Brian Gavin (signature cushion H&A's) a few months ago, and still trying to figure out what ring design I should order... We've looked at rings a few times, and I know the "X" prongs on a few designs really got her eye, now from what I've seen, X prongs usually hold the center stone a little higher in a cathedral-like way so the X really sits directly on the finger. What I'm trying to determine is... are those comfortable? I would think that they would eventually start sinking in the flesh since they're so thin but I wouldn't know... Any light that can be shed on this matter will be greatly appreciated :angel:

Also, if there are any nice "X" prong rings out there, I would like to see to get some inspiration :)

Thank you!!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a photo to demonstrate what you call x prongs?

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, not sure what you mean. Can you post photos or links?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
X prong is the original name on Pricescope for what is now known as Trellis. We called it x prong for years before when the Tiffany Lucida came out.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Klarizze|1447101326|3947398 said:
What I'm trying to determine is... are those comfortable? I would think that they would eventually start sinking in the flesh since they're so thin

They look thin, but aren't so thin really. These are fabricated with wires which are at least 1.25mm in diameter and where they cross in the center they are soldered together. This makes them slightly bumpy, but still at least 4mm wide after all the fitting, sanding and polishing. In addition, most of the pressure placed on one's finger by any ring is at the bottom of the ring, (unless one is leaning on the center stone, which you shouldn't be doing anyway). I've made a lot of these over the years and never had anyone complain about them being uncomfortable, so no worries about that.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had an Xprong. Most are very comfortable. The narrow X prong from BGD is my favorite. Problem with X prongs isn't comfort. It's that you can't wear a flush fit band next to them. If that matters to the wearer they are not the best choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results