shape
carat
color
clarity

Come see - Very Strong Blue Fluorescence versus None

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
There has been a few threads about Very Strong Blue Fluorescence. I thought to share an interesting photo I took today. The photo was taken by the window on a slightly gloomy day (not bright sun). I didn't want to go outside as it was way too cold. The lavender is very obvious and interesting in sunlight. This effect cannot be seen indoors. The diamond is white under indoor lights.

Both stones are D in color.

FlorandNonebyWindow.jpg

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
How pretty! I love the very strong blue fluoro--the lavender cast is gorgeous. I have been curious about this effect, so thank you for sharing!

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Neat photos! - I know you said it was gloomy, but was the sun shining through the window, or were you getting shaded UVA effect only?

ETA: and was the window closed? Thanks!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Thanks for the great visual!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
WOW! That seals the deal...my next diamond purchase is definitely going to be a D-F with VSBF...maybe an Infinity...*drools*

sillysweetie

Rough_Rock
Hi CharmyPoo, is the stone with VSBF the one you posted in the other thread?

What''s the specs for the one without fluor?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 3:56:04 AM
Author: :)
Neat photos! - I know you said it was gloomy, but was the sun shining through the window, or were you getting shaded UVA effect only?

ETA: and was the window closed? Thanks!
The window was open and there was sunlight coming in. It wasn''t actually that gloomy but it wasn''t a very sunny day.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Great photos to demonstrate! I think the VSBF is very pretty...it certainly adds character and a "talking point" about the diamond. I think someone said it in a post before...it makes the diamond a chameleon.
1.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Charmypoo, those photos are great! They really show the effect. No blue sky reflection, either. Thank you for posting them!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the pics!

I have a request: Do you have a pic that isn''t cropped; that shows your hand from a distance with both stones?

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that''s really a neat effect, isn''t it? Thank-you for posting those!

I''m looking at a few stones and a couple have fluorescence but wasn''t sure what to make of it because they are lower colours (I know fluorescence "helps" lower coloured stones appear whiter but I want one that is champagne-ish in colour so in that case, it might not be a good thing for me)

I''ve wondered about this effect in nightclubs too (one where there are black lights) Next time I''m in one I''m going to be looking at all the women''s fingers to see if their stones are glowing! Unfortunately, I don''t go to clubs much anymore so it could be a while! lol Maybe a head shop??????

- Jodie -

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Forgot to say..... love both those rings by the way...... are you a jeweller? (just thinking that because it would be odd for someone to have two rings that are the same size and shape I think) Can you tell me more about them? They look like old cuts? Mine cuts maybe? Stats please! (I''m looking at cushions and the more info the better!) Thanks!

- Jodie -

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
The SBF is very pretty. Thanks for posting the photos
1.gif

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I''ve never seen a side-to-side comparison before. I''ve always suspected that I would like to have a stone with VSBF, and now I know I would!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! I never saw anything like that with my round with med. blue. I love it and cannot imagine in my wildest dreams why these stones aren''t MORE valuable than stones without it! It''s one of those really ironic things.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 3:39:28 PM
Author: mausketeer
Forgot to say..... love both those rings by the way...... are you a jeweller? (just thinking that because it would be odd for someone to have two rings that are the same size and shape I think) Can you tell me more about them? They look like old cuts? Mine cuts maybe? Stats please! (I''m looking at cushions and the more info the better!) Thanks!

- Jodie -
Jodie - I am not a jeweller. Those diamonds don''t belong to me but I was looking at them to pick which one I wanted to purchase. The rings aren''t actually real rings. They are stone holders so you can look at them on your finger.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous effect, love the lavender hue!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
As requested, here is an uncropped photo of the two diamonds. The one on top is 1.7 ct and bottom one is 1.5. Please excuse my yucky hands. They were really dry and I had no lotion.

FlorByWindow-Uncropped.jpg

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
This is what it looks like in indoor light. I literally just turned my body from facing the window to the inside.

FlorByChair-Uncropped1.jpg

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 8:45:28 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
Date: 1/17/2009 3:39:28 PM

- Jodie -

Jodie - I am not a jeweller. Those diamonds don''t belong to me but I was looking at them to pick which one I wanted to purchase. The rings aren''t actually real rings. They are stone holders so you can look at them on your finger.

Oh boy - I MUST think more before I open my mouth (or type my fingers as the case may be....) LOL - I THOUGHT those prongs looked kinda weird! I didn''t realize they made something like that (to hold the stone to put on your finger) You learn something new every day I guess!

Love the fluorescent one - such a cool look....... and am getting VERY excited about my ring as I am also looking at a 1.5-1.75 cushion (and they both look HUGE on you - way bigger than I thought that size would) I have taken to drawing the size on my finger! Must try some on for size......

- Jodie -

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Drool...................

How beautiful is that glow?! I want!

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Nice demonstration - but not all diamonds with VS or S blue fluorescence will show this effect...in fact, few will...I would venture to say that your stone is the exception and not the rule.

PS: I like this effect a lot and have sought them for inventory on occasion.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So Charmy, which one did you choose?????

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 9:03:17 PM

Love the fluorescent one - such a cool look....... and am getting VERY excited about my ring as I am also looking at a 1.5-1.75 cushion (and they both look HUGE on you - way bigger than I thought that size would) I have taken to drawing the size on my finger! Must try some on for size......

- Jodie -
To put things in perspective, my finger is a size 3 so the diamond may look a bit bigger. You should really go try on diamonds and see what size works for you :)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 9:47:41 PM
Author: DiamondExpert
Nice demonstration - but not all diamonds with VS or S blue fluorescence will show this effect...in fact, few will...I would venture to say that your stone is the exception and not the rule.

PS: I like this effect a lot and have sought them for inventory on occasion.
Gary - What would be the normal effect of a VS or S diamond? This is the only one I have seen and examined.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2009 10:01:06 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
So Charmy, which one did you choose?????
I can''t choose
7.gif
I like something about each one. Read more here.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
OMG how cool is THAT!!
purple is my fave color.. so to find a stone that looked lavender in certain lights.. well.. WOW!!
I know which one i''d choose in a SECOND!!
30.gif
30.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a cool visual, thanks for sharing!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool pictures!!! And if you happen to be deciding between the two stones, I love the look of the strong blue flour stone!!!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for posting the fuller pictures. For me that seals the deal and I would buy the diamond with flour. Interestingly I feel that the diamond with flour looks much larger than the one without...but isnt the latter acutally the larger stone? Not just that but the diamond with flour seems to look much brighter in indirect light and has that beautiful lavender hue in sunlight..yummy.

As an aside could anybody chip in as to whether this stone with flour would be devalued in a trade-in situation becuase of this flour? The question is worth asking - althought I assume not...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results