shape
carat
color
clarity

Come see my new ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
This is the first time I have attempted to post a photo crossing fingers that it works.
It is an upgrade to my original ring purchased two years ago. It is a Regent cut diamond 1.85 ct, F color, SI 1, in a Michael B. setting.
I just love it.

edr3.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Wow! You don't see many regents and yours is just gorgeous!
30.gif
Love that setting!
1.gif
More pics!!!!!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. I am trying but every time I try, it gives me an error message. I can''t figure it out. I will try again tomorrow. Sorry.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Allison: G2MAN posted once that you have to make sure that your pic is named something different and unique like

myregentmichaelb.jpg because the server doesn''t accept duplicate names.

Is that the Michael B. Lace?? It looks beautiful!

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring, the lace design is so pretty. Congrats.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! That''s the first time I see a regent in an actual setting! Post more pics please
30.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
The truth comes out! LOL... I remember being at GOG and asking to see that stone and it was sold! :) It''s lovely! Congrats!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
3.gif
beautiful!!!
3.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is just beuatiful. I love those Regents and I LOVE LOVE the Michael B. Lace setting. Congratulations!
36.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
a regent AND a michael b setting, all rolled up in one ring?
30.gif
6.gif
30.gif
6.gif
please post more pictures! it''s just gorgeous!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
My friend has that exact same combo! And it is GORGEOUS!!! I bet you can''t help staring at it ALL DAY! How do you get any work done?!

youngster

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!!
30.gif
I''ve tried it on and love it! I am considering it for my own upgrade so it''s great to see a photo of it. Please post more hand pics!! Did you get the matching wedding band? Or are you going to wear it alone? Was your stone sent to Michael B for setting? (I''m asking because a local jeweler contacted Michael B and they said as long as I had the dimensions from the cert they would build the ring for me and then send it to my own jeweler to set the center stone.)

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2004 11
6.gif
9:24 AM
Author: youngster
Your ring is beautiful!!
30.gif
I''ve tried it on and love it! I am considering it for my own upgrade so it''s great to see a photo of it. Please post more hand pics!! Did you get the matching wedding band? Or are you going to wear it alone? Was your stone sent to Michael B for setting? (I''m asking because a local jeweler contacted Michael B and they said as long as I had the dimensions from the cert they would build the ring for me and then send it to my own jeweler to set the center stone.)

Youngster:

My jeweler also deals with Michael. B (obviously) and he told me that Michael could build the ring from the dimensions... However; my jeweler recommended that Michael B. do the setting. His words "i''ve seen others attempt to do it and it never comes out right."

There also was another guy "Beowulf" on this site who let his jeweler set the Michael B. one-sided-pave and it got ruined by the jeweler and had to be sent to Michael B. to fix!

Good Luck!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh my--very very nice ring!!!!! Enjoy!

cheers--Sharon

youngster

Shiny_Rock
Thanks fortheloveofdiamonds for the info! I will definitely keep it in mind if I do go with the Michael B setting. I think I would much rather have Michael B and his people set it than take a chance on a jeweler that doesn''t work with his settings on a daily basis.
emsmile.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Aha...naming the photos was in fact the problem. Thanks.

Thanks for all the compliments. It is the MB lace setting.

mb3.jpg

pinkangel

Rough_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!! I too have always loved the Michael B. lace setting, and have also considered it for an upgrade setting. Please post more pics when you can...I''ve never been able to see one in person, and would really like to get a sense of the actual width and heft of the ring.
18.gif

It''s awesome...wear it in good health!
36.gif

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
Oh, WOW, WOW, WOW!

I love it!

More pics please. From ALL angles.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t understand why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn''t. Ahhhh....
Here goes...

erring12.jpg

youngster

Shiny_Rock
Allisonfaye, as I posted earlier, love your ring!!
30.gif
Can we get some side (profile) shots of how high the ring sits on your finger? Sorry to be so inquisitive but I''m nuts about that setting.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
6.gif
Your ring is beautiful!!
30.gif

What does nbsp mean?
I am going to get the matching band but I haven''t ordered it yet. It is a long story but we just bought a house and have a lot of expenses so I felt guilty about getting the band now too.
It was sent to MB and I wanted it that way. I trusted MB more than a local jeweler with it.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2004 9:34
6.gif
1 AM
Author: moremoremore
The truth comes out! LOL... I remember being at GOG and asking to see that stone and it was sold! :) It''s lovely! Congrats!
Yes, I saw it and the faceting pattern looked so good online I had them send it to me. I couldn''t find one locally to see first so I was a bit ambivalent and I just went for it. I did it when DH was out of town on a business trip so I could see it first. I didn''t wnat to tell him about the idea until I was sure I wanted to keep it. Long story. But I got it and it was unbelievable. Are you still looking for one?

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2004 10:13:28 AM
Author: gingerBcookie
My friend has that exact same combo! And it is GORGEOUS!!! I bet you can''t help staring at it ALL DAY! How do you get any work done?!
I actually got sick the day after I picked it up so I hadn''t been wearing it. I was grouchy and feeling yuck and I didn''t want to have it one when I felt that way so I haven''t been wearing it much yet. lol I don''t always wear it now because with a nine month old baby, I am changing tons of diapers and washing my hands alot and don''t want to do that with it on.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2004 11:33
6.gif
0 AM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds

6.gif
Your ring is beautiful!!
30.gif

Youngster:

My jeweler also deals with Michael. B (obviously) and he told me that Michael could build the ring from the dimensions... However; my jeweler recommended that Michael B. do the setting. His words ''i''ve seen others attempt to do it and it never comes out right.''

There also was another guy ''Beowulf'' on this site who let his jeweler set the Michael B. one-sided-pave and it got ruined by the jeweler and had to be sent to Michael B. to fix!

Good Luck!
I just felt better about sending it off. I saw that thread and that is why I knew them sending it off was on the level.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t mind posting lots of pics. I would want to see them too if I were interested (as I was). The thing I didn''t realize was, there are TWO versions of this setting. When I first started shopping for my Ering two years ago, I was only shown one of them, the one with the flat thinner band. It felt very uncomfortable to me so I got something else and I was never really happy with it. A girl that I worked with had the setting and I loved it but even then, I didn''t realize there were two. I am pretty sure she had the one with the rounded band like I ended up choosing. I remember asking her at the time if was uncomfortable and she said no. I will post more later. My baby, who should be sleeping like an hour and a half, only napped for 1/2 hour. Ahhhh..

I think this one turned out good.

closeup14.jpg

youngster

Shiny_Rock
I''ve recently been where you are, with those little tikes that sometimes nap and sometimes don''t! Then, of course, at some point, they give up napping entirely. Or, you have a second one, and the second one naps in the car because you''re always chasing around with the first one doing some activity. But, back to the topic, yes, I have seen both versions of the lace setting at the pearlsman jewelers site. There is a square-edge version and a rounded version. The squared version has .55 carats of pave diamonds and the rounded has .72 carats on the setting. I agree with you and I like the rounded version better. (More expensive, too, of course!) You chose well!
36.gif

youngster

Shiny_Rock
By the way, did you ever discuss with your jeweler if wearing the matching band with that ring might cause those little pave diamonds that wrap around the sides to rub up against each other and cause excess wear over time? Or, is the surface of the ring finished so very smooth that it won''t be an issue?

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! Congrats on your beautiful ring and your baby!! I wish you much happiness to you and your family!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Ok. I think I get it now.

Alisonsregentmb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results