shape
carat
color
clarity

Come Here For Pie

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A consolidated thread for all your pie needs.

klp.jpeg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Yep.........as the original PS pie server, I will tell you this thread makes me incredibly happy.

May we all find a way to come together in our common love of pie! :clap:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HA! :wavey: I've been thinking about you, AlJ! You are a wise woman to have stood back from the burning building here. :lol:

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Monnie - you've been very much on my mind too - we need to catch up, girl!

I want to deeply thank you for the trip down memory lane to a time when PS held so much importance to me. Your post made me actually good for (and find!) the thread that spawned the pie tradition on PS - https://www.pricescope.com/forum/ro...ss-vs-the-near-colorless-topic-t42520-60.html

FWIW - lemon pie is still really the best (and yeah, even over key lime, which is my second fave!) :naughty:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is an Italian bakery half an hour from us that makes a chocolate lemon pie, I'm telling you it is amazing, by far my fave.

I hesitated posting because I wasn't sure if this was about pie or.......PIE. Always have to be on my toes with you Monarch ;-)

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chocolate chess pie is the devil. It's chewy and gooey and ridiculously easy to make. Lord help my thunder thighs.

chocolate-chess-pie-dsc_3417.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
aljdewey|1486148309|4123777 said:
Monnie - you've been very much on my mind too - we need to catch up, girl!

I want to deeply thank you for the trip down memory lane to a time when PS held so much importance to me. Your post made me actually good for (and find!) the thread that spawned the pie tradition on PS - http://www.pricescope.com/forum/roc...ss-vs-the-near-colorless-topic-t42520-60.html

FWIW - lemon pie is still really the best (and yeah, even over key lime, which is my second fave!) :naughty:

Oh- I love reading through the older threads! Thanks for that! Gonna go pop some popcorn and read...

Ummm....I'm not often a pie person. So how 'bout some kittens?

finny1.jpg

I guess if you laid out pies of all sorts and I had to pick....it'd probably be pecan with lots of whip cream....I can't help it I'm from the South....

E B

Ideal_Rock
This is my favorite:

coconutcream_0.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
E B|1486150174|4123798 said:
This is my favorite:

coconutcream_0.jpg

Omg! What is that?

E B

Ideal_Rock
StephanieLynn|1486150464|4123799 said:
Omg! What is that?

Coconut cream! :love: :lickout:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That OG thread is hilarious, thanks for posting the link. A walk down memory lane, indeed.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn|1486149647|4123792 said:
There is an Italian bakery half an hour from us that makes a chocolate lemon pie, I'm telling you it is amazing, by far my fave.

I hesitated posting because I wasn't sure if this was about pie or.......PIE. Always have to be on my toes with you Monarch ;-)

:naughty:

Chocolate/lemon? Hmmmmmm. I don't know about that. Guess I'll have to try it someday!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coconut cream and cherry are my faves but I'm all about the crust. Love a flaky crust with a nice thick rim of brown crust embracing the filling.

pie_crust.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1486150031|4123795 said:
Chocolate chess pie is the devil. It's chewy and gooey and ridiculously easy to make. Lord help my thunder thighs.

I've never heard of this but must look it up immediately. I am obsessed with chocolate. :love:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1486152919|4123811 said:

I've never heard of this but must look it up immediately. I am obsessed with chocolate. :love:

That's a Southern thing if I'm not mistaken. Kinda like Derby Pie is a thing in Louisville. I think. :cheeky:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derby_Pie

I have a bag of Key limes in my fridge and a ready made graham cracker crust. I may be makin' some pie tonight!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did someone say pie? :naughty:

Technically not sure the second photo I am sharing qualifies as pie but hey it's close enough right? I mean it is part pumpkin pie so it should count despite the cake in the title...my dh's famous pumpkin cheesecake. It's delicious I promise and if anyone is in the NYC area and lets me know in advance I am sure he would be happy to bake it for us! : :lickout:

I'll add the traditional key lime pie just for you Monnie. Always so refreshing and good. :lickout:

And I sure hope this pie is OK. Who can resist a delicious Pizza Pie from Brooklyn? I mean pizza doesn't get any better than this and our waiters who serve them aren't bad either! 8) :appl:

Umm Elliot, I never heard of chocolate chess pie but OMG suddenly I am craving some right this minute. Off to look it up. :bigsmile:

Matata, I agree a good crust is key!

applepieyummy_2.jpg

_38991.jpg

_38992.jpg

_38993.jpg

_38994.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uhhhh, I'm starving.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1486153966|4123817 said:
Uhhhh, I'm starving.

Hahaha me too! Early dinner!!! :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been a really long time since we had pie! It's about time!

img_14828.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tucking into a McD apple pie as I type, and I could do with a slice of warm pecan pie with lashing of cream or plenty of ice-cream.

DK :))

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My personal faves! :love:

Get you some :lickout: :lickout:

_6481.jpeg

_6482.jpeg

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this pie. There was a time when I was making one or two per week because the recipe is way too easy to master. I finally had to forbid myself from making it for fear that the sweet men in my house would come down with type two diabetes!

I'm going to try very hard to pretend that I didn't see this. Chess pie really is the devil... and it will not be invoked!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG AprilBaby, I want that pie...looks like it goes perfectly with my coffee right now. Oooooh if only I could reach through the computer screen... :lickout:

Coffee and pie the perfect AM combination!

And here is my morning contribution. Goes perfectly with black coffee. :appl:

chocolatepeanutbuttercup_main1.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, That picture of pizza is killing me!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Monarch! We needed a pie thread!
Here is a key lime meringue pie that I just pulled out of the oven :love:

img_20170204_123515687_hdr.jpg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
missy|1486213855|4124179 said:
OMG AprilBaby, I want that pie...looks like it goes perfectly with my coffee right now. Oooooh if only I could reach through the computer screen... :lickout:

I was looking at adding a chocolate peanut butter pie last night, but you found a much better photo of one than I did!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rainwood|1486237497|4124309 said:
missy|1486213855|4124179 said:

I was looking at adding a chocolate peanut butter pie last night, but you found a much better photo of one than I did!!

Recipe for a similar pie.
http://www.kevinandamanda.com/peanut-butter-pie/

You guys. This Peanut Butter Pie is OUT of this world. It is SO decadently dreamy. I’m in love!! This is hands down one of the easiest, most impressive desserts I’ve ever made. There’s only six simple ingredients and it’s No-Bake! Plus chocolate and peanut butter is always a winner. The BEST part about this perfect Peanut Butter Pie is that there’s no cream cheese and no Cool Whip!

The peanut butter layer is creamy, dreamy, and super peanut buttery. Make this for someone in your life who loves chocolate and peanut butter, and they will be yours forever!!

This pie is great for company because you can make it the night before, let it sit overnight in the fridge, and it’s still just as good the next day. It’s perfect for when you’re having guests over or taking a dish to someone’s house because then you’re not busy in the kitchen all day or making a mess! Just pull it out of the fridge and serve.

All you need are 6 simple ingredients — Oreos, butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, chocolate chips, and heavy whipping cream.

First we’re going to start by making the extra thick Oreo crust. Finely crush an entire package of whole Oreos in a food processor or blender. Don’t scrape out the middle! You could also do this in a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin.

Pour the crumbs into the bottom of a pie pan and firmly press into the bottom and sides. I used this 10-inch by 2-inch deep dish tart pan from Amazon so the pie would be easier to cut and remove from the pan, but you can definitely use any old pie plate.

You can even make it in an 8×8″ baking dish, making it easier to cut into squares and serve at a party. If you’re making it in an 8×8 dish, I would line the pan with foil (so it will come out easier) and press the crumbs only into a bottom layer.

I used a glass to make pressing the crust into the bottom and sides of the pie plate easier. Once you’re done with the crust, pop it into the freezer for 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, add 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, and 1 stick (8 tablespoons) softened butter to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on low speed until smooth and creamy. Spoon the peanut butter mixture over the crust into a smooth layer and place back in freezer.

Now, if you just want a perfect peanut butter pie, you could stop right here. This pie would be AMAZING. But if you want to send it over the top with a Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache layer, here’s what you do.

Place 1 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate) and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in a large glass (or heat proof) bowl. In a saucepan, bring 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream to a rolling simmer. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and peanut butter and let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk until completely smooth. Pour the chocolate layer over the peanut butter layer.

Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour until ready to serve. (You could also freeze it for 15-20 minutes to speed up the process.)

Sweet, buttery Oreo crust. Creamy peanut butter. Decadent chocolate. It’s like the dessert trifecta.

Ingredients:

1 (14.3 oz) package whole Oreos (about 36 Oreos)
1 cup (16 tablespoons) butter, divided
1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, divided
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Directions:

Finely crush the Oreos with a food processor, blender, or in a Ziploc bag. Stir crumbs together with 8 tablespoons melted butter until well combined. Press into the bottom and sides of a pie pan. Freeze crust for 10 minutes until set.
Add the remaining 8 tablespoons of softened butter, 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter, and 1 cup powdered sugar to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on low speed until smooth and creamy. Spoon the peanut butter mixture over the crust into a smooth layer. Place back in freezer.
Place chocolate chips and remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut butter in a large glass or heat-proof bowl. In a saucepan, bring heavy whipping cream to a rolling simmer over medium-high heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and peanut butter and let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk until completely smooth. Pour the chocolate layer over the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hours until ready to serve.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1486236560|4124303 said:
Missy, That picture of pizza is killing me!!

Haha Callie, it brings up good memories of your visit. Remember "Thor"? 8) What a cutie. And omg the pizza. Yummy. :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results