shape
carat
color
clarity

Coloured Stoners - What would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not calibrated but a great idea. Actually I do have a w/gold and a y/gold setting that I could perch chameleon on the top of. Thanks for the suggestion.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 1:58:14 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Mr ma re - thank you for chiming in. I agree about yellow stones/yellow metal normally and I''m soooooo not sure how #2 would work with two tone gold. The chameleon itself (after a night asleep in the dark) looks more greenish (like the photo of it above) but then over about an hour it gets more yellow - a very rich warm yellow and the fire is AMAZING. I hate to liken it to anything but it reminds me of a Sphene (criminal thing to say I know!). I''m not sure I''d classify it as a colour changer per se but much more a subtle shift. Does that change your mind on the use of all platinum? Also, I was interested to hear your thoughts on the length of the bars holding the Chameleon. If I make them shorter I was worried that I''d expose the outer edges to knocks, bangs, chips etc which is why I elongated the bars a bit. Am I wrong? Would it be safe with shorter bars (i.e. from cut corner to cut corner)?
I have to agree with Gailey that green gold would be fantastic for this one. Just like your stone, green gold (think mochi''s new ring) is visually about 90% yellow - and you say that your stone isn''t green for more than half an hour daily, right? So you''d get something that really compliments the stone, but it''s also a bit different, more rare and unusual; just like your chameleon. I''m really not a fan of light green/lime/apple colored stones in white metal, unless the color is really vibrant, so I''d definately suggest two tone; green for the center, white for the rest.

Regarding the lenght of bars, I don''t think you''re reducing the risk of damage by elongating them (at least not much). If they would be "hugging" the corners, that would be great and actually protect them much more, but they''re just going straight ahead and the corners are still pretty exposed regardless. There would also be a risk of hitting and bending the bars, possibly even damaging the stone in the process (not to mention snagging on clothes).

And, as always, I have an idea for which I don''t have a picture, so try to visualize this; icekid''s avatar ring, but with baguettes flush or bezel set in a split shank, which ends with flat prongs covering the corners of your radiant; which itself is also bar set. Let me know if you have trouble understanding
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results