shape
carat
color
clarity

Coloured Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
I had some loose stones just sitting in a drawer as well as a couple of rings I never wear and was inspired by some of the amazing projects being shown here to get them made into a new (wearable) ring.

So I took some of them to a local jeweller who sketched out 3 designs using different combinations of my stones. I picked the design I liked best, left the necessary stones with him, took the other ones home, waited a fortnight, and this is the result.

Coloured_Diamonds_MAC-W_01.JPG

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

Coloured_Diamonds_MACW_02.JPG

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

Coloured_Diamonds_MACW_04.JPG

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

Coloured Diamonds_MACW_005.JPG

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

Coloured_Diamonds_MACW_06.JPG

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is 18kt white gold and the diamonds are
0.23 Princess cut - D VS2
0.05 Round - H SI1
0.27 Princess cut - Irradiated Blue VS1
0.16 Round - Brownish orange VS2 (2 off)

The design is very ‘me’, and I love how the small centre diamond and the side curves are offset but the best bit is I now have a local jeweller who I feel confident to go back to.

So for anybody in Perth Australia, check out www.markmilesdesign.com.au

I found him really easy to deal with and he had some great design ideas. I’ll definitely be doing more projects with him next year.

Thanks for looking.
1.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a fun modern design - I love it! The color combination is great.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, it looks great!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like that!!

I like how the oranges balance each other out, and all three "swoop" in together, if that makes any sense.

Congratulations!! Having a trusted local jeweller is a huge plus
1.gif

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I like that idea.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, I especially love the orange color!

krockie

Shiny_Rock
That''s pretty cool! And now you get to enjoy those stones, especially in something that is totally unique.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Unique design...kind of like stacking rings.

VRB1

Rough_Rock
great ring !
36.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
What a creative and unique way to put your colored diamonds together! Your ring is stunning, I don''t think I''ve seen one quite like it. I love colored diamonds, and I always get excited when a PS''er shares theirs.

I bet you can''t take your eyes off your ring! Colored diamonds have such wonderful personalities.
4.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Very nice ring. I love the scatter look to it!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Pretty!
36.gif

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! I think it looks like it would be a lot of fun to own
21.gif

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for your kind comments everyone.

You’re right PlatinumRock – I do find it difficult to take my eyes off it and I’m loving the personalities my diamonds are showing- I think they are excited to be finally out of their boxes LOL

Oddoneout - I hadn’t thought about the stacking aspect when Mark drew this design. I was mainly focussing on the gorgeous curves and making sure it wasn’t too symmetrical, but now I’ve been wearing the ring for a few days I realise it does look a bit ‘stacked’. Hmmm, you just given me an idea for another project with some of the diamonds that didn’t get used this time – thanks

Yssie – I know exactly what you mean. The swoop is one of the main things I love about the ring, especially because the larger stones are swooping around the tiny one. LOL one of my work colleagues described it a mini-constellation, which I think is a great description. And I’m thrilled I found Mark, although my Bank Manager may not be quite so happy

17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results