shape
carat
color
clarity

Colour or white gold prongs for rose gold halo?

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
I'm going to be ordering a Madison halo from eternity by yoni, I am having it made in 14k rose gold with a plain shank and basket. My centre stone is small, I would guess .6 but it's not graded so I can't be sure - so my main aim is to maximise size and also to have the prongs look as invisible as possible. Would white gold prong tips look funny considering the basket is rose gold? I don't want to do the whole head in white gold.

http://www.eternitybyyoni.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Madison-Round-Halo-Ring-529.htm#

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd say platinum or white gold for sure. I would not want rose gold prongs reflecting in the diamond. That is a pretty setting!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think rose gold prongs will look more graceful on the ring.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shellcm -

What a pretty setting!

I currently have a yellow gold setting with a yellow gold basket...but white gold prongs. I wanted as invisible prongs as possible. I'm VERY happy with it and the prongs are very subtle. I do think that the subtleness of the prongs is dictated by 2 things - the color of the metal used in the prongs (and I obviously prefer white gold - I think it looks lovely and I'm not a fan of yellow gold prongs and especially not a fan of rose gold prongs, though plenty of people would disagree with me), but also the work of the setter and his or her ability to make fine prongs. I've never worked with Yoni before, but just make sure that the prongs will be very fine; at .6ct, I think that's important.

If you want to see my ring (yellow basket, white gold prongs) search my name for 'topics' and look for the one "Not quite a solitaire'.

So I vote one for white gold prongs if subtle is what you want. Good luck!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want invisible, go with white gold. The those gold will really stand out against the stone.

Shellcm

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the responses - I'm going to go white for the prongs I think. Mrs Blop, stunning ring!!
My next dilemma is about the underneath part. I'm wanting a soft delicate looking ring that I will enjoy the profile of and am worried this one may be a bit angular to be pretty in a small size without diamonds on the gallery. (I've attached a small stone version of a similar BGD ring). In this case I'm not sure if I should go this style instead http://www.eternitybyyoni.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Petite-Cathedral-Diamond-Halo-Ring-435.htm - I would once again ask for a plain shank, with the actual halo of the Madison instead and also would ask for the cathedral shoulders to be tucked under the halo vs to the side of it. In pictures I don't like cathedrals too much but in real life on my fingers I tend to prefer them.

_669.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results