shape
carat
color
clarity

Colour or Clarity - Advice please

loupoo7

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am obviously new to diamonds, and as it one the rare times that I will be reasearching these gorgeous rocks, please could people offer their advice.

Would you prefer:

2ct / E / SI2 / (all other things equal)
2ct / I / VS2 / (all other things equal

Thanks for your help and advice

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you find one in the middle? F-H VS2? But if only between those two, I'd need more information to confirm I'd say I/VS1

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd have to agree with Ame that I would find one in between. H VS2 is a sweet spot for many people. I personally can't do SI2, so I'd have to choose the I VS2.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd prefer the E, but that's just me, as long as it was eye clean. I am color sensitive, and as long as the inclusions aren't visible I'd rather pay for something I can see rather than something I can't. All assuming the cut is ideal - never sacrifice the cut quality!

amead

Rough_Rock
Agree RE: something in the middle. From my research G/H and VS2 seemed to give the most bang for the buck, balancing visible and "psychological" considerations.

If you place some intrinsic value on the stone being as "perfect" as possible (which I must admit played a part for me, despite the "local" approach to visibility/invisibility), follow your heart and lean clarity.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for something in the middle: G-H colour and VS clarity or even very clean Si1.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results