shape
carat
color
clarity

Colors you''d never wear to a wedding (as a guest)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock
white/ivory/cream. And also the bridal party color if I knew it.

It''s funny, I never heard of black being inappropriate for a wedding until this forum. In my area, people wearing black at a wedding is so common that I like to wear color just so I don''t blend in with everybody else.

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know f this counts as a "color" >>>actually no, it''s more of an "embellishment" but I shy away from sequins, metallic details, crystals, rhinestones and the like. My weird little neurosis is that it will be "one of those things" that either bombs a picture because of the flash bouncing off it, or that catches a VIP (bride, groom, parent, officiant, BP member) right in the eye at a crucial moment.

I''ll wear stuff like that on shoes, and I do wear jewelry...but not on my actual clothing.

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
I probably wouldn''t wear white, and I think I''ve worn black to every wedding I''ve been to except two that I can think of (and I''ve been to probably 20 or so in my adult life so far).

I even wore black as a bridesmaid, and my bridesmaids will be in all black! It''s never been inappropriate in my locale/circle (I live in Michigan).

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 10:24:08 PM
Author: leeNY
I probably wouldn''t wear white, and I think I''ve worn black to every wedding I''ve been to except two that I can think of (and I''ve been to probably 20 or so in my adult life so far).

I even wore black as a bridesmaid, and my bridesmaids will be in all black! It''s never been inappropriate in my locale/circle (I live in Michigan).

yes, that''s a good point... I mentioned it''s common for guests to wear black to weddings in my area; it''s also very common for the bridesmaids dresses to be black. I''m curious if that''s a faux pas in certain regions as well?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t wear a solid or close to solid white, ivory, silver or super light pastel dress to a wedding.

I typically wear some sort of patterned dress to daytime/less formal weddings. I typically wear short and usually patterned cocktail style dresses to more formal or evening weddings.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Black.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Uh-oh...I wore "va-va-voom red" to my friend''s wedding last May! I had no idea that was considered inappropriate! Her wedding was pretty non-traditional (venue was an aquarium with exhibits open to look through, officiant was a friend who got ordained online, no bridal party, etc.) and had a party-like atmosphere. So I picked a "fun" dress...hope she isn''t holding that against me!

I probably wouldn''t wear either white/ivory without some sort of pattern or head-to-toe black. If I wore black, I''d color it up with fun jacket, shoes, belt, etc...just not funeral black.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
White, ivory, black.

...I''ve never heard the ''red'' thing- only "no red to a funeral." Never heard of it in regard to a wedding.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
The wedding colors! I was at a wedding this weekend where a woman had on a chiffon dress in the same color as the BM dresses (but a different style) and it was horrible! I actually always try to ask or pick up on clues from the invites. Otherwise, I stay away from bold, whites, lacy, and anything revealing. In general, I won''t wear anything that would make me stand out in any way, as I fully want to be supporting cast as a guest.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t wear white, cream, or ivory. I''d wear anything else.

At any given wedding here I''d hazard a guess that probably half the female guests would be wearing black dresses. It would never occur to me not to wear red, and I''m very surprised by how many people have responded that they wouldn''t wear it. I''m feeling very relieved now that at the one and only wedding I was ever at in the States I wore a sort of burnt orange!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t wear a solid or close to solid white, ivory, silver or super light pastel dress to a wedding. Between, I love black, so I have a lot of black dresses!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results