carat
color
clarity

Colored stones and more...

1001smiles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Sapphire from Gene...

I am going to use Gene's photo and description since they are always very accurate:

Blue Sapphire - 1.37 ct. This one is a sapphire from Umba Tanzania. The stone is all natural, no heat or other treatments. I cut this in my Jua round design, and the stone measures 6.173 mm. The color is a light blue with some lavender and gray. The color is best in daylight, and does loose some saturation in incandescent as most blue stones do. A few very fine needles that can not be seen with the naked eye.

Color: 7/10
Clarity: 9/10
Brilliance: 5/5
TQR: 8.7

gene_sapphire.jpg

1001smiles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Merelani mint garnet, 0.98 carat, 6.34 x 5.15 mm, originally purchased from Weblorn. My camera had trouble capturing the green, it's really a bright blueish minty green in real life and very sparkly.

img_4527.jpg

1001smiles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Umbalite asscher from GemRite

Here is John's photo and description:

Stone: Umbalite garnet (Rhodolite)

Weight: 1.57 cts.

Clarity: VS

Dimensions: 5.88x 5.74x 5.27mm

Design: Modified Asscher

Origin: Tanzania

Treatment: None

Cut by: John B.

Notes: This is a vivid umbalite garnet. I redesigned the asscher for this stone. The problems I have encountered with asschers are the lack of brilliance. It has been taken care for sure, the stone is as brilliant as a barion design. It is still a step cut asscher. The stone is extremely flashy and one of the best colors out of the rough I received.

gemrite-umbalite.jpg

1001smiles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is a lavender spinel from Tanzania, 2.71 carat, 10.1 x 6.4 mm. It has a veil on the side, but you have to look closely to find it. There are no gray tones in this stone (to my eyes at least).

img_4569.jpg

1001smiles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Authentic Tiffany & Co. Silver Mesh Ring. Size 7.
I still have the original packaging, including a pouch, box and bag. Selling because it does not fit me anymore and it cannot be resized. I think Tiffany will clean it for free if you wish.

_273.jpg

rparker1998

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your photos, however your DB link does not work.

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Since DB is down, would you mind posting your prices? I'm especially interested in your Mahenge pendant.

1001smiles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
tara3056 said:
Since DB is down, would you mind posting your prices? I'm especially interested in your Mahenge pendant.

I think DB is back up and the link to the listings works...

Just to clarify, the Mahenge spinel is loose (stone only), it was just resting on an empty pendant setting so I could take a picture. However, if you want that setting along with the spinel, please message me on DB.
Thanks.

1001smiles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
For those of you who asked for photos of Gene's sapphire in different light, here you go. Sunlight, indirect natural light and incandescent. The stone is sitting on top of a setting, which is not included (just a prop).
Thanks for looking.

img_4648.jpg

img_4649.jpg

img_4650.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results