shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Stone Resolutions for 2007

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Calling all colored gemstoners... what are your colored stone resolutions for the upcoming year?

I''ll start. I resolve to put a concave faceted blue stone such as sapphire or spinel in the all-platinum version of this setting from Cross Jewelers. If anyone with Photoshop abilities wants to help me out with this dream of a resolution, I thank you in advance.

I also resolve to have an eternity band made from light blue sapphires... a baby blue "maternity" band as I am the mother of two boys who are no longer babies but who always will be to me.

Who''s next? Don''t be shy. The more resolutions the better.

2.gif

goldengate.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, Good idea. Well there are some things that I would like but I don''t know if I will have them all by the end of the year. I would love a maternity band in pink since I''m the mother of a baby girl. But I am also after a red spinel or bright pink sapphire to have put in a ring I have. Something green, either a green garnet or tourmaline.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
By the way I loooove that setting in the photo.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
perhaps set my .60 marquise little three mines spessartite. have some ideas in mind and another pricescoper and i have been trading ideas re the setting.

i''m also in the market for another color stone but i don''t know what yet. have been looking but nothing has called out to me.

movie zombie

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am starting with a medium blue sapphire, untreated, probably cushion shaped.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I would really like a tsavorite garnet set in an 18k yellow gold mounting, perhaps bezel set. I love that shade of green and the tsavorites seem to have a lot of sparkle.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Burmese ruby
Imperial topaz
emerald, tsavorite or dem garnet to replace my old crappy emerald presently set in a ring

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I don''t know if they are resolutions but they certainly are on the wish list:

Blue sapphire dangly earrings
Blue sapphire ring
Blue sapphire bracelet [hmm sense a theme here?]
Pink sapphire dangly earrings
Peridot dangly earrings
Tsavorite Garnet anything!

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Pink sapphire ring
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love a tsavorite in a large cushion or rectangular shape, set in a split shank halo design by Leon...

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
Put me down for a tsavorite. I don''t care what''s done to it, or how it''s set, I just think they''re amazing!
I''d also like a rainbow sapphire piece of some sort.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Oooooooo, these all sound so good. I may have to re-evaluate. LOL!

9.gif

windycityaj

Rough_Rock
I am having Michael E. cut a beautiful 2.o ct. rhodolite garnet (cushion) into a plain but very heavy cathedral platinum cathedral setting. Garnet is my birthstone but I have never really had a ring that I liked. My stone is going to be more raspberry colored that the deep dark traditional red. Later this year if money is good I will work on a wide wedding band project set with various colored stones.

anne

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Ooops!! My 2007 resolution sort of hopped into the basket earlier than I was planning!!
31.gif

GEMSTONE: Tsavorite Garnet

CARAT WEIGHT: 1.64Ct

DIMENSIONS: 7.52 x 6.60 x 3.70mm

COLOR: 5A Chrome Green

CLARITY: VVS1

7.gif
- So why can''t I add the picture?!! Have it saved on my hard drive and it won''t insert - grrrrrr

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I resolved and got it! 1.3 pink sapphire from The Natural Sapphire Company.

ring 068 (3).jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tulip,

Your Pink Sapphire ring is Yummmmmmmmmmmy. I LOVE The Natural Sapphire company.

Are you wearing your ring as a wedding ring? Love love love the color.

Linda

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much, Linda!
1.gif
I''m wearing the rings on my right hand, but I switched to take the picture. I''ve also put my grandmother''s thin 18k white gold wedding ring (circa 1925 made by Belais) between the diamond band and the sapphire ring. The diamond band is platinum and the sapphire ring is 18k gold and I don''t want prongs rubbing against each other.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Tulip... that is a gorgeous sapphire! You must love gazing down at that lovely pink...

I have actually made good on one of my resolutions as well. Part of it anyway. I have purchased a spinel. It should be arriving soon and I''ll be sure to share some photos! My camera is ready to go....

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - we are good, aren''t we?
28.gif
I can''t wait to see yours!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
My colored stone resolution is to get at least one of my colored stones set before buying more colored stones. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results