shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Lab Diamond Vendors?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have recommendations for colored lab diamond vendors? I'm interested in finding a green lab diamond. Thanks!

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock

I have not bought anything from them but was looking at their lab color diamond a while back.

Oops. No green currently but I have seen green before.

Last edited:

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Lightbox do pink and blue. James Allen have some yellow listed and then there's Takara Diamonds for other fancy hues. D.Nea seem to have the occasional green stones but I get the feeling they are a bit harder to produce.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and New World Diamonds.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a trawl through the MMD vendors sticky if you haven't already - I'm sure a couple on there sell them!

mission_frisson

Rough_Rock
I was also on the hunt for lab green diamonds but am not sure they can be "grown" that way. When I reached out to Eric and D.Nea late last year this was his reply:
"Green diamonds are only made by growing a light yellow or off-white and treating it to turn it green.
They often end up in the vivid lime to olive color range, but are often only treated on-request."

Ultimately I gave up my search (in favor of blue) but I hope you have better luck!

Ada Diamonds CEO

Rough_Rock
Trade
FWIW, I've seen/sold hundreds of carats of fancy color lab diamonds, and I've probably seen 4-5 carats lifetime that were green.

As others have mentioned, the green color comes from post-growth irradiation.

If you do find a green stone, I recommend you ask your jeweler to cold set the diamond (or use extreme care with the torch) as greens are a 'fragile' color and heat can permanently alter the color.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
New World Diamonds has several “green” diamonds listed. To my eye they are more of a dark blue or dark greenish-blue. I’m not sure what you have in mind for this project, but it might be worth a look.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the recommendations! Are there any health risks to irradiated diamonds? I'm very cautious and risk adverse when it comes to health, so maybe I'm better off looking at other green gemstones.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the recommendations! Are there any health risks to irradiated diamonds? I'm very cautious and risk adverse when it comes to health, so maybe I'm better off looking at other green gemstones.

I wouldn't think they would be any more radioactive than uranium glass which only gives off trace amounts like that you'd encounter in every day life (ie - walking on terra firma). Whiteflash did a good write-up: https://www.whiteflash.com/about-diamonds/diamond-education/are-irradiated-diamonds-safe-to.htm

Ada Diamonds CEO

Rough_Rock
Trade

I've verified with multiple experts in the field that there are not any known health risks with irradiated diamonds (man-made or mined).

The energy levels used to damage the crystals are not high enough to result in any residual activity in the diamond.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tianyu, a favourite amongst PSers for Moissies, has pink, blue and yellow labs/MMDs listed, no greens though.

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results