shape
carat
color
clarity

colored gems in princess cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone like these? I''m not a huge fan of princess cut diamonds, but for some reason I keep being drawn to pc colored stones. I''m wondering if I might feel differently when it''s the actual stone and not the big blown up picture that I''m looking at. I don''t see that many of them on pricescope, and I don''t really ever see any in real life. Other than the fact that they face up smaller (diamonds do at least) and the corners can be fragile, what is it that makes them less popular?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''m just not a fan of the shape, personally. Dunno why.

P.S. I responded over in SMTR and found the arrows thread for you.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
THANKS!!! Woo-hoo. I have to go to work now (booooo!!) but I''ll look later
1.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
In colored stones, I guess I think that the princess cut is limiting. With the princess cut in colored stones, I think the "X" design often seems much more apparent than it does in a diamond (maybe akin to a bow-tie in an oval?), and that could be a bonus for princess lovers, but I think I really prefer rounds and more brilliant cuts for colored stones (oh...and steps) :)

There have been some channel-set eternity bands with princess cut sapphires around here that make me eat my words, though.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the opinions ladies.
1.gif
I don''t know why it is I like them, but I keep going back to look at them again. Maybe I''ll get one of the cheaper ones that I like, as in no more than $100. I could always return it if I didn''t like it, but then I could see if they really look as pretty to me in person. I am fully addicted to colored stones already after my first purchase, so I know I''ll be getting more anyway!

I do really like princess cut three-stone rings. Maybe a colorful princess in the center with two really really teeny diamonds on the side would be fun. But oh........ the money!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 11:26:22 PM
Author: Kelli
Thanks for the opinions ladies.
1.gif
I don''t know why it is I like them, but I keep going back to look at them again. Maybe I''ll get one of the cheaper ones that I like, as in no more than $100. I could always return it if I didn''t like it, but then I could see if they really look as pretty to me in person. I am fully addicted to colored stones already after my first purchase, so I know I''ll be getting more anyway!

I do really like princess cut three-stone rings. Maybe a colorful princess in the center with two really really teeny diamonds on the side would be fun. But oh........ the money!
I''m kind of with you on this one, Kelli - especially with Princess cuts. I''m really not a fan in diamonds, but there have been a few coloured Princess cuts that have stolen my heart.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thank you LTP!! Glad to know someone else sees what I see.
1.gif
Some of the ones on the gemrite site are really calling my name!
31.gif
I''m gonna wait until I get my garnet back first though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results