color
clarity

Colored gem beauties (lab-created)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! Most likely to be an air gap halo with Moissanite in 9K WG.

DK :))

Lovely! Silly question, how do you go about ordering labs from him? Do you have to contact him for specific cut labs, or you just have to pick from what he has in stock?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Silly question, how do you go about ordering labs from him? Do you have to contact him for specific cut labs, or you just have to pick from what he has in stock?

I am signed up to receive his maildrops, and when I see something I like, I would either purchase the cut stone that was available; if it was sold out, I would ask if he had more roughs available and went from there.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I bought Gene's 2.805ct "Four Seasons" Paraiba YAG and I love it!

Indirect sunlight with Mastercut's tsav
IMG_0251.jpg

Direct sunlight
IMG_0250.jpg

Fluorescent lighting
IMG_0242.jpg

Both are stunning! I am more on the YAG side, and wonder how it looks IRL compared to photo~ It's said to be a bit different on colour?

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Both are stunning! I am more on the YAG side, and wonder how it looks IRL compared to photo~ It's said to be a bit different on colour?

It’s a bit more blue IRL than the pic which I’m not complaining about. Super glowy and sparkly. The video is almost true to color. The tsav is a mined garnet, they just happened to be in the same case when I was taking pics :)

FC57DF2E-25AB-4D85-936A-B9158842B616.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to have this (7 carat, 10X12mm) made into a ring but changed my mind and got a necklace instead. Just finished by David Klass. Can't wait to meet it in person. :)

ps1.jpg ps2.jpg ps3.jpg

I love the rich color of the gold. It really makes the pink pop!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a bit more blue IRL than the pic which I’m not complaining about. Super glowy and sparkly. The video is almost true to color. The tsav is a mined garnet, they just happened to be in the same case when I was taking pics :)

FC57DF2E-25AB-4D85-936A-B9158842B616.jpeg

Ooh, I love that cut! :kiss2: I have one of Gene’s paraiba yags too and they are such a gorgeous color.

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
I was going to have this (7 carat, 10X12mm) made into a ring but changed my mind and got a necklace instead. Just finished by David Klass. Can't wait to meet it in person. :)

ps1.jpg ps2.jpg ps3.jpg

I LOVE this. Both the stone and the necklace. The color of the gem is SO complimented by the yellow gold mounting.
Thanks for showing it to me, (ideas popping in my head)!

Kristen L

Rough_Rock
This is the stone I was referring to, and I am getting one in 8mm from Gary as he has more roughs available.

Don't know when I shall have it in hand for setting yet though.

LabSapphire#1.jpeg

LabSapphire#2.jpeg

Did you ever end up setting this one? I am not a huge fan of this cut but I am tempted to get one from Gary as the color is gorgeous with the cut. What color gold are you planning to set it in?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you ever end up setting this one? I am not a huge fan of this cut but I am tempted to get one from Gary as the color is gorgeous with the cut. What color gold are you planning to set it in?

Not yet, as there are others to be set first.
It will be in WG.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ps1.jpg ps2.jpg ps3.jpg

This turned out beautifully! Loving the pink with the yellow gold, just gorgeous!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

ps1.jpg ps2.jpg ps3.jpg

Here it is in person. It's just what I wanted, a simple but not too small everyday necklace. In real life, it's really sparkly. Very pleased. :)

ps1.jpg ps2.jpg ps3.jpg ps4.jpg ps5.jpg

Last edited:

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
A 10mm yellow lab sapphire on the way. I hope it's a bright sunny yellow in real life. I'm hooked on these lab gems.

This one is from ebay seller jewelryinmotion.

lab sapphire yellow.jpg

I have a stone from him that I love! I never got around to mounting it, but it is a super sparkly lab ruby :).

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have a cobalt spinel from Finewater Gems?

@lovedogs I recall you have one in your lovely neon ring. Could I please trouble you for your thoughts on it? To your eyes does it lean dark blue or light blue? How does the colour compare to your other cobalt spinel several pages back? And do you think it would go nicely with rose gold?
I'm looking at making a pair of earrings but would be setting it sight unseen.

Thanks! :)

M

maru8888777

@lovedogs I recall you have one in your lovely neon ring. Could I please trouble you for your thoughts on it? To your eyes does it lean dark blue or light blue? How does the colour compare to your other cobalt spinel several pages back? And do you think it would go nicely with rose gold?

I'd like to know too! That cushion!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's a really nice blue. Definitely is bright, but I feel like it's not quite right to call it light. I guess darker than light, but never goes black or anywhere close to it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's not quite the same color as the oval one I have (which I got off LT and wasnt cut by finewater), but its really close to it

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
It's not quite the same color as the oval one I have (which I got off LT and wasnt cut by finewater), but its really close to it

Thanks this is helpful! =)2
Would you say it was still a deep tone even if it doesn't black out?
What I am trying to avoid is it veering into swiss blue territory. Gosh, finding the right blue is hard!!

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
would also like to know how the Finewater blue spinel compared to Gene’s electric cobalt blue spinel. Wish someone could shed some light on it!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
A 10mm yellow lab sapphire on the way. I hope it's a bright sunny yellow in real life.
This one is from ebay seller jewelryinmotion.

lab sapphire yellow.jpg

It looks much better than my photo and is lively, sparkly and well cut. But I want a bright yellow color and this one is more golden yellow. If anyone wants it, it's on the way back to the seller. :)

ebay yellow lab sapphire.jpg

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
would also like to know how the Finewater blue spinel compared to Gene’s electric cobalt blue spinel. Wish someone could shed some light on it!

Unfortunately I only have one half of that equation. I have photos/video of one of Gene's cobalt spinels somewhere..
I haven't seen the Finewater one in person but my impression is that Gene's spinel is lighter in tone. I think the two are totally different colours.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results