shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored gem beauties (lab-created)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is more of educational value. Pressed (reconstituted?) turquoise. I finally found this gem.

Attachments

• 08D52034-13E2-46B4-9179-183E6A6A612F.jpeg
    08D52034-13E2-46B4-9179-183E6A6A612F.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 101
  • C445B348-D70D-478E-B109-0BC36E6933B3.jpeg
    C445B348-D70D-478E-B109-0BC36E6933B3.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 107

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
This is more of educational value. Pressed (reconstituted?) turquoise. I finally found this gem.

That's kind of cool. Thanks for sharing that with us! :) I didn't know they did that.

bluetruedream19

Rough_Rock
Hi. I haven't seen any lab yellow sapphires on this thread so I thought I'd post here too.
This is an 8.5 mm OEC in the #20 color.
It's hard to capture the color and brightness in pictures, but it's a beautiful stone. I bought it from Tiyanu. The stone was less than $40, so definitely not expensive. Sadly they didn't have the padpardscha 57 in stock. I'd like to see one of those in an asscher. Screenshot_20190424-130131_Gallery.jpg 20190424_090055.jpg 20190424_090119.jpg Screenshot_20190424-121551_Gallery.jpg
I know this is an older thread so I understand if I don’t get a reply. How is the quality of the lab sapphire from Tianyu? I was thinking about having a ring done by them with but I hadn’t seen anyone post about their sapphires, only their moissanites.

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
I know this is an older thread so I understand if I don’t get a reply. How is the quality of the lab sapphire from Tianyu? I was thinking about having a ring done by them with but I hadn’t seen anyone post about their sapphires, only their moissanites.

I'm going to jump in here with a response, so I apologize since I've not bought a stone from Tianyu, but I did want to let you know I've been on a search for a lab sapphire, and I highly recommend Bryan at Stagandfinch. He and Melanie cut/created a large lab blue exactly as I wanted, and it is stunning.
I'm having that gorgeous lab sapphire mounted now by Debebians in LA, as I fell in love with one of their rings.

I just wanted to mention Stagandfinch for lab sapphires, because not only are they wonderful to work with, they created the exact stone I was looking for. I hope this information helps! (I posted pictures of my gem on another thread, and I know Bryan has many colors of sapphire in his inventory.)

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going to jump in here with a response, so I apologize since I've not bought a stone from Tianyu, but I did want to let you know I've been on a search for a lab sapphire, and I highly recommend Bryan at Stagandfinch. He and Melanie cut/created a large lab blue exactly as I wanted, and it is stunning.
I'm having that gorgeous lab sapphire mounted now by Debebians in LA, as I fell in love with one of their rings.

I just wanted to mention Stagandfinch for lab sapphires, because not only are they wonderful to work with, they created the exact stone I was looking for. I hope this information helps! (I posted pictures of my gem on another thread, and I know Bryan has many colors of sapphire in his inventory.)

I know you're talking to the other poster but once your ring is finished we would love to see it in this thread too since it's a lab stone!

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
I know you're talking to the other poster but once your ring is finished we would love to see it in this thread too since it's a lab stone!

Oh yes, I definitely will :). Stagandfinch + Debebians = my dream ring. I had seen two lab sapphires in person before getting the stone cut from Bryan at Stagandfinch. There wasn't any comparison, as Bryan made the exact color and cut in the lab sapphire that I was wanting. My lab blue sapphire is large, and it was hard to find someone to cut it. I have to add that working with Bryan at Stagandfinch is SO fun. He is super nice, which just added icing to the cake :). They're located in Canada, so the only thing I'd do differently is pay for expedited shipping (LOL). The wait was worth it! 1572007960018.jpeg

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yes, I definitely will :). Stagandfinch + Debebians = my dream ring. I had seen two lab sapphires in person before getting the stone cut from Bryan at Stagandfinch. There wasn't any comparison, as Bryan made the exact color and cut in the lab sapphire that I was wanting. My lab blue sapphire is large, and it was hard to find someone to cut it. I have to add that working with Bryan at Stagandfinch is SO fun. He is super nice, which just added icing to the cake :). They're located in Canada, so the only thing I'd do differently is pay for expedited shipping (LOL). The wait was worth it! 1572007960018.jpeg

Ooh very pretty!! I'm so excited to see your ring!!
Quick diversion. Are you Canadian? Or in the US? I ask because if you are in the US I'm wondering how it went with customs? Did they charge you any taxes or duty? If they did do you mind sharing how much? I'm asking because I'm super interested in getting one of their sapphires but terrified of being slapped with a giant charge since he isn't in the US.

bluetruedream19

Rough_Rock
Wow! That’s beautiful.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Perfection! I love the elongated cut. It's going to look amazing once set. :love:

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
Quick diversion. Are you Canadian? Or in the US? I ask because if you are in the US I'm wondering how it went with customs? Did they charge you any taxes or duty? If they did do you mind sharing how much? I'm asking because I'm super interested in getting one of their sapphires but terrified of being slapped with a giant charge since he isn't in the US.
I am in the U.S. and Bryan handled everything to do with shipping here, which was SO nice. I do expect that it went through customs, but I don't know the specifics of what was on the form. Lab stones are not terribly expensive--the time and effort put into the cutting is what, imo, is so valuable, so I don't have any idea what value he used on the form. I do know he honored the total price we agreed on when he said he'd do the job and that included the shipping, so whatever charges might have be

Hi! Yes, I live in the US. and Bryan included the shipping in our price, so I don't know how much he put on the package value for customs. I haven't done much international shopping / shipping at all, and certainly not anything with a really high value, so I've not yet been charged with taxes or duties. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I'm sure Bryan can tell you exactly how that would work if you're thinking of using him to cut a stone.

Their website was kind of "in progress" when I placed my order, and I can't remember now if they had many mined/natural stones. I think most of their work is done using lab rough. He had FOUR different blue colors of lab sapphire, and he recommended the one he used in my very large stone--it turned out better than I could have expected :). The color is blue, but it doesn't "go dark" like the other lab blue sapphires I've seen.

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
I’m hoping the purchasers of Gene’s latest lab gems are PS members. If so, hopefully they’ll post IRL photos soon :)

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This looks like treated Persian turquoise.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a ring bought when my great-grandparents, Russian farmers, gathered their first crop. So, pre-revolution. Probably a synthetic sapphire but of course, called “alexandrite” in the family.

Attachments

• D27D3B3C-2C99-4405-A84B-E2EB5744D6FB.jpeg
    D27D3B3C-2C99-4405-A84B-E2EB5744D6FB.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 98
  • AEA5BC55-D1E4-4077-AFC7-DB7853E514A3.jpeg
    AEA5BC55-D1E4-4077-AFC7-DB7853E514A3.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 97

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a ring bought when my great-grandparents, Russian farmers, gathered their first crop. So, pre-revolution. Probably a synthetic sapphire but of course, called “alexandrite” in the family.

It’s actually very beautiful. I love the color change.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you! I never met that great-grandma (but remember great-grandpa), so it is interesting to keep someone from a person you never met.

mdi

Shiny_Rock
Umm...so this is OTT and I LOVE it. Literally no idea how to set it (a pendant, maybe?), but it fulfills all my hundreds of thousands (of dollars) of ruby dreams. This cut is honestly something else -- that's seriously how it sparkles under horrible office lighting!

I don't think lab stones will ever replace earth-mined for me when it's a type of gem I can actually afford, but this is a truly notable exception!

Attachments

• IMG_20191029_101939__01.jpg
    IMG_20191029_101939__01.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20191029_102119__01.jpg
    IMG_20191029_102119__01.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 138

mdi

Shiny_Rock

(all smudgy-ness due to my greasy fingers)

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Umm...so this is OTT and I LOVE it. Literally no idea how to set it (a pendant, maybe?), but it fulfills all my hundreds of thousands (of dollars) of ruby dreams. This cut is honestly something else -- that's seriously how it sparkles under horrible office lighting!

I don't think lab stones will ever replace earth-mined for me when it's a type of gem I can actually afford, but this is a truly notable exception!
It’s gorgeous ! :love:

Reactions: mdi

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium

oooohhh its gorgeous! it would look beautiful in any setting but i'd put it in a ring if i were you so you could admire the cut lol. i'd love more pics!

mdi

Shiny_Rock
oooohhh its gorgeous! it would look beautiful in any setting but i'd put it in a ring if i were you so you could admire the cut lol. i'd love more pics!
I will do some outdoors when I have a chance -- this is literally the worst lighting imaginable and it still looks fab!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering who got the ruby. It was gone by the time I looked. Do you know how deep it ended up being?

Reactions: mdi

mdi

Shiny_Rock
I was wondering who got the ruby. It was gone by the time I looked. Do you know how deep it ended up being?
I'll have to measure, it's in my desk drawer at work.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It’s stunning and the color looks so juicy. :kiss2:
Did you take any more pics? I want to see them all....:Up_to_something:

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
Well, it comes tomorrow! This is a stone cut by Bryan, (Stagandfinch) and then mounted by Debebians and I am THRILLED with the results.

Bryan knocked the ball out of the park with the lab blue center stone. Debebians work is IMPECCABLE, using only G / VS diamonds in the mounting.

I've been working on this ring and saving for it since July!

IMG_4262.jpg

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it comes tomorrow! This is a stone cut by Bryan, (Stagandfinch) and then mounted by Debebians and I am THRILLED with the results.

Bryan knocked the ball out of the park with the lab blue center stone. Debebians work is IMPECCABLE, using only G / VS diamonds in the mounting.

IMG_4262.jpg

Wow!! That looks amaaazing!! I can't wait to see your pictures when you get it!!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_4262.jpg

This is a statement but it is going to be great on that tiny finger of your’s!

I am working on my tourmaline and was getting a price from Debebian’s today. They mentioned they will be having a Black Friday sale. Thought I would mention it in case anyone is looking for a lab ruby or lab sapphire. From what I understand, you can get a lab stone in any size or cut for free with the purchase of any setting. The ones on this link, excluding the morganites.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results