shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored gem beauties (lab-created)

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a number of lab created beauties in the latest mail drop from Uli of Osirisgems fame in case anyone is interested.

DK :))

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just bought this little man-made cobalt Spinel from Uli, 0.78ct, cut by one of his students. The colour is amazing and I like the unusual shape and cut.

20200730_155450.jpg

Much more affordable than the earth-mined version! :lol-2:

There is a bigger one at over 3ct+, now sold, however I did not like the cut which is opposite bar cut.

DK :))

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
Before I bought this, i was looking for a treated stone for my mom, who fell in love with a dark red 2 ct "ruby."

I found this little guy for a steal. A 2ct lab ruby, I hope will steal her heart. Hoping to stop by a jeweler tomorrow to have it set. Then I can wear it for a couple times before giving it to her for her birthday! :lol-2: Looks a lot brighter than the pic shows but the other pictures show pink, which there really isn't. It goes from scarlet to Coke can red. 20200730_160737.jpg 20200730_161110.jpg

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
This one is gorgeous in the sunshine too, but not quite on par with yours. :)

My mom likes the basic yellow gold solitaire band. So I'll be setting it that way, as low to the finger as possible with 4 prongs. My wallet is grateful. :lol-2:

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
Well my mom's ruby is waiting to get set at a jeweler's. And I will say I'm glad I shopped around!

The first was a classic jewelry store, send things away to a bench, mark up like crazy.

They wanted to charge me $750 for a simple, thin 14k yellow gold solitaire setting! Nope!

So then I hop over to a little hole in the wall, goldsmith's shop, and tell him the same, and quoted $145.

I'll give you only one guess where it's at! :lol:

emeraldhummingbird

Rough_Rock
Well my mom's ruby is waiting to get set at a jeweler's. And I will say I'm glad I shopped around!

The first was a classic jewelry store, send things away to a bench, mark up like crazy.

They wanted to charge me $750 for a simple, thin 14k yellow gold solitaire setting! Nope!

So then I hop over to a little hole in the wall, goldsmith's shop, and tell him the same, and quoted $145.

I'll give you only one guess where it's at! :lol:
Even at $750 you did better than me! I went to 2 jewellers for the same thing.. plain yellow gold band where I would provide the stone. Both around $1500USD. I nearly died of shock!

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
Even at $750 you did better than me! I went to 2 jewellers for the same thing.. plain yellow gold band where I would provide the stone. Both around $1500USD. I nearly died of shock!
:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o Nope. Gold prices aren't that high yet. Lol

There are perks to living in a semi-rural area. You can find the affordable mom-and-pop stores a lot easier.

emeraldhummingbird

Rough_Rock
I would be happy to help but not sure what you are looking for...lighting? It's still not set :)
Yes please! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D Different lighting would be really appreciated!!
Just so that I can get more of a sense of the colour. Do you see much of the aqua/teal flash with your eyes?
Thank yoooouuu!!!!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@sydneyatl Have a look at Moosecry settings on Etsy. Additionally if you want someone to make a simple setting and set the stone, lots of PS'ers have used Daniel M on Etsy.

sydneyatl

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh, I’ve been trying to find the moosecry guy for ages. Someone posted about him here months ago and I meant to bookmark it and forgot, and then couldn’t remember the exact name and thought it was moose ice cream all the time...no Etsy listings by that name. Woohoo- thank you! I’m guessing I would need a 10 x 10 setting?

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@sydneyatl I love ice cream but moose flavour! :lol:
Take a looka at what there is. I think the setting sizes can be tweaked if you contact the vendor. They also offer a stone setting service.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    Fabulous 5 Carat Emerald Cut and More!
    Fabulous 5 Carat Emerald Cut and More!
    Stunning Engagement Ring Upgrade
    Stunning Engagement Ring Upgrade

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.