shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen fancy yellow diamonds but I haven''t seen too many other colors. I began to look at an old thread that showed a few, but it would be fun to look at others too if they''re out there. How rare and expensive are they -- for about 1 carat?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Well, a red one is c. $1 million for a carat
23.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have seen yellow, pink, blue, green, red, black, and brown. Some were large, some were not. Hard to say pricing today...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
and pink isn''t far behind red diamond prices!

personally, i like the champagne and cognacs....

movie zombie

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Natural diamonds in good shades of red, pink, orange, blue, green, purple etc are all mega $$$$$

Yellow, Cognac, Champagne etc are rather more affordable.

Personally, I think that there are other coloured gemstones that are nicer on the whole.

Green diamonds for example are not as nice as a great emerald or great tsavorite. And okay so the Hope is pretty special, but a lot of blue diamonds are a rather blue/grey colour.

Yellow diamonds are amazing though.

Coloured diamonds are very pretty in small sizes - Etienne Perronet has some lovely pieces.

Are you just asking - or do you have a project in mind?
31.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
how i so much agree with you that bang for the buck with color isn''t necessarily with diamonds! for the $$$ a color diamond is going to cost, one could buy a world class color stone.

movie zombie

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Hope Diamond is VERY nice. And I believe it glows RED under black flur lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results