shape
carat
color
clarity

colored diamond help..... which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dolphin09

Rough_Rock
GIA certified
Diamond Weight 0.60
Carat Diamond Color Light Pink
Diamond Shape Cushion
Diamond Clarity VS2
Diamond Intensity Light
Diamond Report GIA
Diamond Description 0.60ct,Light Pink, VS2, GIA. Sweet pink color with good clarity.
Diamond Price US$ 5,450
*polish good
*symmetry good
*fluorescence medium blue
*distribution: N/A
*Also, what does this mean?....where it says shape and cutting style, they put: cushion modified brilliant

or is this one:

GIA certified
Diamond Weight 0.52 Carat
Diamond Color Fancy Brownish Orangy Pink
Diamond Shape Radiant
Diamond Clarity SI1
Diamond Measurements 4.87 X 4.19 X 2.83
Diamond Intensity Fancy
Diamond Polish Good
Diamond Symmetry Fair
Diamond Report GIA
Diamond Description 0.52ct Fancy Brownish Orangy Pink Radiant cut diamond with GIA SI1 grading. A stone with dominant pink color face- completely eye clean.
Diamond Price US$ 4,450
*for shape and cutting style, it says:cut cornered rectangular modified brilliant
*polish good
*symmetry fair
*fluorescence medium blue
*distribution even

Thanks!
35.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe cross post over to the color stone forum? They are more into colors.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...I think you''re comparing apples to oranges. Not only are they different color modifiers, but different cuts (cushion vs. radiant). It''s also impossible to judge colored stones without seeing them in person. But with only what we have here, I''d avoid the second one because it sounds poorly cut (fair symmetry).

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not an expert but my preference out of the two would be for the Light Pink. If GIA have graded it as just pink (ie. no brown, grey, orange etc) it''s more desirable. Having said that, it could be too light. The other is obviously a deeper colour judging by the stats so it could look very pretty. The only way to tell really is with picture. Do you have photos you can post?

DKinLA

Rough_Rock
Also check on the blue fluoresence - in colored stones this may not be as desireable.

dolphin09

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your input. I tried posting pics but not working
7.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Change to some random number name with today''s date, maybe the name of your pictures file is too common, e.g. someone already uploaded a file under the same name.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are either of these diamonds colour treated or enhanced?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/13/2009 6:37:23 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
I''m not an expert but my preference out of the two would be for the Light Pink. If GIA have graded it as just pink (ie. no brown, grey, orange etc) it''s more desirable. Having said that, it could be too light. The other is obviously a deeper colour judging by the stats so it could look very pretty. The only way to tell really is with picture. Do you have photos you can post?
LG, good common sense (for a non-expert
2.gif
)

Firstly..., the 1st is missing the word "fancy" which translates to a hue you will probably (wont) barely notice in the face up position.

So if you are looking for a "fancy" colored Diamond....

Second one could be a color that is beautiful to your taste-buds (its very personal!!), but you will only know the true color when you inspect it IRL and in numerous lighting environments. Pictures of fancy colored Diamonds are (I am afraid) just a frame-shot of many appearances.

Good luck,

dkodner

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Diamgem is right on as usual. If it does not say fancy before light pink, the color will most likely be barely noticeable under normal lighting. You really have to see these stones in person to make any kind of judgement at all. I can stand here and take multiple pictures of the same stone, just moving my position of the camera slightly, and come up with many different looks. It is hard to catch the true color in photography, and even when you think you got it right, it matches the color "your" eye sees, maybe not everyone else. The cut and Fluorescence will have a different effect on each stone. Don''t rule out a colored diamond by the numbers, and assume fair symmetry will not mean good brilliance. There is a real art to cutting a colored diamond, and the most beauty may not come from what is considered "ideal" cutting specs. The term "cushion modified brilliant is a common term used b the GIA for a modern cushion shape. It has the faceting of a round diamond in a cushion shape. See if they can at least send you multiple picutres in different scenarios, and then maybe they could send you both stones to see in your own lighting, that is really the only way to tell which one you will love. Good luck in your search!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results