shape
carat
color
clarity

color vs. size?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mwash34

Rough_Rock
I am struggling to decide between two diamonds and could use some advice:
- one is ~2 carats, G, SI1, with "good" cut
- the other is ~3 carats, K, SI1, with "ideal" cut

Given they are about the same price, how should I decide between the two? One has good color, but only decent cut. The other diamond is huge with a great cut, but has a noticeable yellow tint.

Quick responses are highly appreciated as I am trying to finalize my decision soon. Thanks.

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
Do you have the sarin report on these two diamonds? What lab has certified these diamonds? As far as the color goes, that will have to be a personal decision that you need to make - I personally would not go with a K color diamond - I would much rather have a smaller diamond that is whiter - 2 carats is NOT SMALL!! :-o

I would definitely find out more information on the cut proportions of the two diamonds before I made any choice. I don't know what price you have found on these, but have you checked online to see comparisons?

Hope that this helps!:wavey:

buttercup

Rough_Rock
If I had to pick out of those two, I'd say the 3ct K Ideal cut. But really, I'd much rather see you get something I/J with a fabulous cut (not just 'Ideal') and slightly smaller.

here are some options...
2.52 J SI1 AGS0 H&A SuperbCert 0.3 EX 8.82x8.85x5.39mm $13666
2.14 I SI1 AGS0 H&A A Cut Above 0.4 EX 8.31-8.36x5.05 $15499
2.41 J VS1 AGS0 H&A A Cut Above 0.7 EX 8.63-8.67x5.30 $15715
2.75 J VS2 AGS6 9.11-9.19X5.50 1.7 EX $15730

I don't know what your budget is, but that last one is very appealing. It's a Brilliant Ideal Cut according to the HCA...so it might actually be as big as that ideal cut K, and it's a grade higher in color and clarity. Why don't you give Lesley a call at whiteflash and ask her opinion on this rock...she'll email you a brilliancescope and she'll tell you if it faces up nice or not.

Post the sarin number of your G SI1 and K SI1...that will help.

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
But really, I'd much rather see you get something I/J with a fabulous cut (not just 'Ideal') and slightly smaller.

I'm with buttercup on this one. Big is nice but big and yellow is not. Cut also makes or breaks the diamond. A 2 ct. stone is a huge stone. I bet you could find a gorgeous well cut 1.75 for the same price. By no means is this a small stone either. Just my opinion.
:))

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I know Eightstar also has at the moment a 2.33ct I color, and a 3.17ct J color. You may want to find a dealer and compare these as well.

Best of luck in your hunt!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results