shape
carat
color
clarity

Color vs. Clarity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joesal

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,
I have been readiing alot on this forum and it has been very helpful which is why I decided to sign up. I am in the market for a 1 ct diamond and I wanted to get some opinions on color vs. clarity. I am aware of the fact that the cut is the most important factor so I am looking at signature pieces from different sites which vary in color and clarity. Here are the specs for one of the diamonds:

Price: $6,300.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 1.01
Color: H
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 60.5
Table: 55
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.6
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43
Girdle: Thin Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 6.53-6.57X3.96

Should I upgrade the color and downgrade the clarity? I just dont want a diamond that is cloudy or dark but I also dont want any visible inclusions. What do you guys think?

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
The H VS1 would be awesome! You wont tell much of a difference between a H and G in color- it usually takes 2 color grades to notice a difference. You can upgrade in color if you fancy a whiter diamond, but i bet the H will face up very very white. If you wanted to drop down in clarity it will save you some cash. An eye clean SI1 is the best deal for diamonds! Color before clarity in my book, and I think H and I's and even J's, VS1-2 are the best way to go-- you can get more **SIZE** if you go that route!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto all Daniel said
36.gif
This could be a fantastic diamond, it scored a 1.3 on the HCA. The specs you have chosen are very respectable indeed, I don''t think you need to upgrade anything with colour or clarity. Good luck! Pics please if you love it and get it!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
G-H VS2-SI1 would be my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results