shape
carat
color
clarity

Color Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I have made the final decision that I want this JA yellow gold setting :

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/ring/item_58-2170.asp

The 4 rb sidestones (min .70 ctw) on this ring are in the G-H color range. I was hoping to go with a J center stone around 1.5-1.7 cts. Do you think the color discrepancy between the sidestones and center stone would be very apparent? Do you think on a ring like this I could request that the sidestones also be the same color as the center stone? Would or could they do that?

(My wedding band is a 5 stone .5ctw with k diamonds in yellow gold)

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Here is a photo of my band (the diamonds actually look a lot whiter in person):

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
You have to be extremely color-sensitive to be able to spot the difference after it is set. Majority won''t be able to. I wouldn''t worry if I were you...

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Hi I don''t think it would bother you. My center is a K and all my other stones in my er and band are H-I. If I look closely I can tell but it NEVER bothers me and I don''t think anyone else would ever notice. Here''s a link to my set
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-upgrade-40th-birthday-present.96812/
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
By the way I think your ring is going to be gorgeous
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 4:08:05 PM
Author: MMT
Hi I don't think it would bother you. My center is a K and all my other stones in my er and band are H-I. If I look closely I can tell but it NEVER bothers me and I don't think anyone else would ever notice. Here's a link to my set
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-upgrade-40th-birthday-present.96812/
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
Wow! I love your rings. They are gorgeous. I never would have guessed your center stone was a K, it looks as white as the other stones.

Well, I just hope my ring comes out just as beautifully as yours did. Mine will be my 20th anniversary present. I got my right hand ring for my 40th birthday. It is in white gold and I have pretty much decided that I love yellow gold a whole lot better on me. My daughter is eyeing my RHR and I told her someday......here's a photo(not a great one, but there are more in Show Me Your RHR in Show Me the Ring)

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
I can see why she''s eye-ing your RHR.. It''s gorgeous! A saddle style setting if I''m not mistaken?

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 4:29:50 PM
Author: DiamondFlame
I can see why she''s eye-ing your RHR.. It''s gorgeous! A saddle style setting if I''m not mistaken?
You know, I have absolutely no idea what this setting is called, but I''ll take your word for it.

DH purchased it from a jeweler friend who retired a couple of years ago. DH doesn''t know squat about jewelry. He didn''t know my ring size and I think it was a 7 or 8 when her bought it and my thumb isn''t even a 7. I had it sized to a 6 to wear on the middle finger of my right hand. My ring finger on my left hand is a 4.5-4.75. Good thing I didn''t size it down smaller because my daughter''s fingers are larger than mine. And good thing my DH is letting me do all the research and decisions about my new ring, though he has said he wanted to see the style I pick first. He gave it the double thumbs up!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 3:45:16 PM
Author:soocool
I have made the final decision that I want this JA yellow gold setting :

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones/ring/item_58-2170.asp

The 4 rb sidestones (min .70 ctw) on this ring are in the G-H color range. I was hoping to go with a J center stone around 1.5-1.7 cts. Do you think the color discrepancy between the sidestones and center stone would be very apparent? Do you think on a ring like this I could request that the sidestones also be the same color as the center stone? Would or could they do that?

(My wedding band is a 5 stone .5ctw with k diamonds in yellow gold)
I think you will be fine SC, normally it is advised to stick to 2 colour grades between centre and side stones, so I don't think there will be an issue. You could certainly ask if they could try to get the sides the same colour though!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lorelei! At my age my eyes are not as good as they once were so while others might notice, I probably won't. My DH always says that whatever I am looking for is always right in front of me and I never see it anyway!

It's like deciding on the 50 different shades of white we have been looking at to paint our hall. I looked at the salesman and pointed to the color strip and said that one looks nice and white and there he made a sale!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2009 5:09:35 PM
Author: soocool
Thanks Lorelei! At my age my eyes are not as good as they once were so while others might notice, I probably won''t. My DH always says that whatever I am looking for is always right in front of me and I never see it anyway!

It''s like deciding on the 50 different shades of white we have been looking at to paint our hall. I looked at the salesman and pointed to the color strip and said that one looks nice and white and there he made a sale!
LOL! I know what you mean!
9.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Soocool I love your RHR, what a great birthday present. It sounds like your daughter is going to get a great gift oneday. Keep us informed on your ring but it looks like it''s going to be gorgeous
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results