shape
carat
color
clarity

Color question, E or F????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Charmed

Shiny_Rock
Can you tell the difference between an E color and an F???

Thank you in advance for your help!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
It would be very difficult to tell the difference, especially with equal cut.

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
It is extremely difficult to tell the difference between an E or F with the naked eye. The color differences in diamonds between one to the next are very subtle and can even be confused by the professionals using the proper grading equiptment.

That is why you will occasionally find a lab report which has an incorrect color or clarity grade.

Kirk

Charmed

Shiny_Rock
So would I be safe to buy an F color instead of an E? I was set on a D or E color but found this great princess cut stone with great dimensions! I hope I don't make a mistake by going with the F instead of the E. Thank you for your feedback!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Unless the diamond is well over 1ct, you will probably never see any problem with an F color versus a D color. As diamonds get quite large, their apparent color increases. When diamonds are small, there is extremely little difference in D to F color.

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
In the stones I looked at, all greater than 1.5 ct, I noticed a difference between F and E every time. I couldn't tell the difference between D and E though, go figure.

And of course, this was comparing the stones side by side. Alone, I doubt I could have told the difference.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 2/10/2003 6:55:11 PM Charmed wrote:

So would I be safe to buy an F color instead of an E? I was set on a D or E color but found this great princess cut stone with great dimensions! I hope I don't make a mistake by going with the F instead of the E. Thank you for your feedback!

----------------
Hi, Charmed:

Lugus is right.....it's easy to get caught up in comparisons when viewing diamonds side-by-side, but there should be no discernable difference between an E and an F to the average naked eye once it's set and stands alone.

Personally, I think the F is a much better choice (and FAR from being a mistake); allows you to get more ring for the money, and keep in mind that an F diamond is STILL colorless.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results