shape
carat
color
clarity

Color of Rubies

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I am a complete novice to the world of CS. I saw these earrings and they are described as un-enhanced ruby. The stones look very orange to my eyes, and
I would never think they were rubies.(since I'm not seeing a real red color).

I am not considering purchasing the earrings - but I am curious if the CS experts think these are a type of ruby.

IMG_1588.jpg

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
Ruby can have purple, pink or orange undertones, but that's not really the issue here. These earrings do not look to be particularly well-made, and if the "rubies" are un-enhanced, then they are lab-created. There is a virtually zero percent chance that these are natural, untreated rubies.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Those are orange sapphires and I agree with @pokerface-zero chance they're untreated if natural at all.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Ruby can have purple, pink or orange undertones, but that's not really the issue here. These earrings do not look to be particularly well-made, and if the "rubies" are un-enhanced, then they are lab-created. There is a virtually zero percent chance that these are natural, untreated rubies.

Those are orange sapphires and I agree with @pokerface-zero chance they're untreated if natural at all.

Thank you!

I have become more interested in colored stones - and have only recently started looking at them. Thank you for your expertise!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results