shape
carat
color
clarity

Color of Light On a Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ktrain1

Rough_Rock
I am new to this world of diamonds and I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. If you take a stone and view under yellow light. Like the light that comes from a normal lamp in a house will any color stone D-I look like it has a yellow tone. Will the lower color stones look yellower in this light? I guess the question is will certain like make a diamond seem yellow.

Thanks

Ktrain1

Rough_Rock
Can anyone help with this question? Thanks. Just curious

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock

Incandescent light will tend to make a diamond look yellower, no doubt.

Yes.

Yes. It is relative though. If you were examining say, an "F" color stone next to a "K" color stone under incandescent light, you should be able to see the difference.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

Ktrain1

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help Rich!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results