shape
carat
color
clarity

Color of Engagement Diamond

What color is/was/ will be the diamond on your engagement ring... (AGS or GIA equivilent please)

• H

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • E

• F

• G

• I

• J

• K or below

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
I'm having fun making polls...
1.gif
If you don't mind I'll do one for clarity and cut later

PS- if you could give a response every now and again to keep it in the realm of noticable posts for awhile, it would be much appreciated!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jake

You might want to add the Fancy Colors of, Red, Blue,Green, Violet, Pink, Champagne, Brown etc. to the voting choices.

or maybe one box for fancy color with a "fill in" field.

Rockdoc

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
oh good idea... how do i do that without creating a whole new poll?

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
NONE of the above, you forgot that one.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 9:52:42 PM
Author: the other Jake
They can always abstain!
Humm

Olive Oil

Rough_Rock
Man, there are some serious poll critics on this forum!
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 10:19:17 PM
Author: Olive Oil
Man, there are some serious poll critics on this forum!
2.gif
9.gif
9.gif
**shutting UP**
2.gif

I just answered to bump the thread as requested ...
12.gif
and the answer is "H" (gia) .. or is that opening up another can of worms
31.gif

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Oh sweet... another "I" to keep me company! I''m not alone anymore!!!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
My original was a .81 color F VVS1 so so cut.

I liked the F but we decided the VVS1 was a waste of money but wanted a VS stone.

So my 10 year anniversary gift is a F VS2, AGS ideal cut stone 1.63ct

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I was presented w/ a family stone... he did not know the color, stone had no papers. Ted Baer appraised it to be an M.

now we have something to upgrade to right?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 8:51:09 PM
Author:the other Jake
I''m having fun making polls...
1.gif
If you don''t mind I''ll do one for clarity and cut later

PS- if you could give a response every now and again to keep it in the realm of noticable posts for awhile, it would be much appreciated!
here''s a bump ;-)

I hate the term "color sensitive"! It implies that someone cannot tell the difference. I certainly can! I''m actually pretty sensitive to colors as far as seeing it - it''s just that when I see it it doesn''t scream "ewwwww" to me. It is more like skin color - diversity and variety is the spice of life! All the colors are beautiful! Doesn''t mean I am not "sensitive" enough to tell them apart!! But what about a poor perfectly cut "m" stone? why shouldn''t it be beautiful too? Sure, some might truly be more aware of color changes than others, but I don''t think of J K L M etc stones as needing tolerance, so much as just appreciation for what they *are* and not what they *aren''t*.

hehe

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 2:12:27 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 12/13/2006 8:51:09 PM
Author:the other Jake
I''m having fun making polls...
1.gif
If you don''t mind I''ll do one for clarity and cut later

here''s a bump ;-)

I hate the term ''color sensitive''! It implies that someone cannot tell the difference. I certainly can! I''m actually pretty sensitive to colors as far as seeing it - it''s just that when I see it it doesn''t scream ''ewwwww'' to me. It is more like skin color - diversity and variety is the spice of life! All the colors are beautiful! Doesn''t mean I am not ''sensitive'' enough to tell them apart!! But what about a poor perfectly cut ''m'' stone? why shouldn''t it be beautiful too? Sure, some might truly be more aware of color changes than others, but I don''t think of J K L M etc stones as needing tolerance, so much as just appreciation for what they *are* and not what they *aren''t*.

</bump> hehe
This is a good point Cehra, I can *see* the color difference between an F and an I...but does it bother me, heck no!

mtrb

Shiny_Rock
I have an I color GIA certed. I love the warmth of the I. Shows off lots of blues, yellows and greens.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
K! I LOVE my K. Seriously, if you offered me the same exact stone, but in a D, I wouldn''t trade. I love that in some situations it looks icy blue (when it''s reflecting the sky) and in others I can see warmth (the lighting when I''m driving in the car tends to show this).

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone know their statistics? The poll results are a normal distribution!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I with MB FL

shay

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Got a round G. This was before PS. Later got a cushion E. I rather like the cold icy whites of stones. Plus it looks better with my skin tone.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
He gave me a GIA certed G colour Asscher, and I''m so glad he didn''t go lower as I had urged him to. As it turns out, I''m pretty colour sensitive when it''s on my own finger.

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
D.

With Strong Blue!
30.gif

Where''s my option?
11.gif

9.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2006 9:09:20 AM
Author: mtrb
I have an I color GIA certed. I love the warmth of the I. Shows off lots of blues, yellows and greens.
That''s interesting. I thought that the refections of color were because of the cut, not the color of the stone. Or do I misunderstand you?

My I also reflects alot of different colors.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Mine right now is an E... although it''s not GIA certified, so I am guessing it''s really closer to an F. I can''t see any warmth in it at all though. I am relatively color sensitive... after about a G or H I can usually see a little warmth though, and it''s just not my personal preference (unless the color was, say, light pink?
2.gif
)

*M*

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2006 11:08:11 AM
Author: Stone Hunter

That''s interesting. I thought that the refections of color were because of the cut, not the color of the stone. Or do I misunderstand you?

the refractions of white light are prismatic - the reflections of light are tinted. Also, if the refraction is occurring in diffused light on a back facet, the light is still filtered through the tint of the stone. If you like teals and greens and yellows oranges salmons - the warmer colors - the warm stones are great! And I do love them. I prefer them over regular.... the exception would be D str blue. If I was going to go cool and icy I''d need to do it to the extreme and as a secondary stone. I like warmth generally better than cool.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/16/2006 1:21:07 PM

the refractions of white light are prismatic - the reflections of light are tinted. Also, if the refraction is occurring in diffused light on a back facet, the light is still filtered through the tint of the stone. If you like teals and greens and yellows oranges salmons - the warmer colors - the warm stones are great! And I do love them. I prefer them over regular.... the exception would be D str blue. If I was going to go cool and icy I''d need to do it to the extreme and as a secondary stone. I like warmth generally better than cool.
OK you lost me a little in the technical stuff. Try again for a luddite please. And speak loudly and slowly. Perhaps tell me what colors a D would "show off"

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2006 2:59:04 PM

OK you lost me a little in the technical stuff. Try again for a luddite please. And speak loudly and slowly. Perhaps tell me what colors a D would ''show off''
lol!! the yellow from the diamond can act as a filter - a tint - to whatever you see. a D diamond will give you Lucky''s rainbow of colors. A D strong blue might give you a carebear''s rainbow- all glowing in that slightly blue haze. A yellow diamond will still refract the same rainbow colors BUT they will either then be filtered through the yellow tint, or they will be like superimposed over the yellow background. Now in a J stone there is hardly *any* yellow at all, but it will take the eye just slightly toward the yellow - not that the colors themselves are yellower, refraction is refraction, but like looking at a rainbow through a yellow window or against a yellow wall. The blues will be slightly greener, the reds slightly oranger. But we''re talking SLIGHT. The warmer colors are at their best, cold blues and purples are at their most difficult. In a strong blue D I imagine yellow has the biggest struggle and the cool blues and purples are very strong. Frankly I want one of each lol In fact I kinda wish I''d gone with a K/L/M stone for the antique cut. I really cannot STAND strong yellows and fancy yellows.... if it were a bit apricot I''d probably love it but I''ve not yet seen a fancy yellow diamond that I liked. But the light yellows - the K-M stones, I think they''re sooooooooo pretty :) I *almost* bought an M old european surrounded by white europeans but my husband thought it was too "cute". When I first got my stone the two things that I didn''t like was that it wasn''t yellow enough and the culet was too small LOL

Oops I''ve digressed LOL Did this help though?

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This poll has truly lovely results. I just love a bell curve!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2006 3:30:00 PM

Date: 12/17/2006 2:59:04 PM

OK you lost me a little in the technical stuff. Try again for a luddite please. And speak loudly and slowly. Perhaps tell me what colors a D would ''show off''
lol!! the yellow from the diamond can act as a filter - a tint - to whatever you see. a D diamond will give you Lucky''s rainbow of colors. A D strong blue might give you a carebear''s rainbow- all glowing in that slightly blue haze. A yellow diamond will still refract the same rainbow colors BUT they will either then be filtered through the yellow tint, or they will be like superimposed over the yellow background. Now in a J stone there is hardly *any* yellow at all, but it will take the eye just slightly toward the yellow - not that the colors themselves are yellower, refraction is refraction, but like looking at a rainbow through a yellow window or against a yellow wall. The blues will be slightly greener, the reds slightly oranger. But we''re talking SLIGHT. The warmer colors are at their best, cold blues and purples are at their most difficult. In a strong blue D I imagine yellow has the biggest struggle and the cool blues and purples are very strong. Frankly I want one of each lol In fact I kinda wish I''d gone with a K/L/M stone for the antique cut. I really cannot STAND strong yellows and fancy yellows.... if it were a bit apricot I''d probably love it but I''ve not yet seen a fancy yellow diamond that I liked. But the light yellows - the K-M stones, I think they''re sooooooooo pretty :) I *almost* bought an M old european surrounded by white europeans but my husband thought it was too ''cute''. When I first got my stone the two things that I didn''t like was that it wasn''t yellow enough and the culet was too small LOL

Oops I''ve digressed LOL Did this help though?
Yes. I like the window analogy. Now I really want to see a D with strong blue fluor. I love blues and purples.

I cannot stand yellow. It''s just not a color I like. Now apricot especially in an OEC would be nice.

Really Cehra two new things to add to my diamond list. And my husband doesn''t even know I have a diamond list. He thinks we''re all done.
11.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Mine is a GIA F, VS2 however when it was appraised by Martin Fuller, he said it was really closer to an E (
which is my "sweet spot" anyway). However, could I tell a difference? Heck no!
20.gif

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
F and so are my studs
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results