shape
carat
color
clarity

Color = H....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Do you think that because you have seen an H with medium flouro?

I am the biggest color freak out there (with a D ring) and I wouldn''t say you will see "yellow." It won''t look like a D or E but it should look very, very white in an ideal cut. Especially in that size.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I adore a nicely cut H. The flour should be a bonus. You can always return it, if you don''t like it. Right?

porterror

Rough_Rock
Jazmine. i''m right there with you with color freak.

When going to the local jewlers I was able to tell the difference of a E & G with a loose diamond under very bright lights and about 5-10 seconds of looking at the diamond from the bottom/sides. I could see a slight tint of yellow when compared side to side. I just never looked at a H by itself...let alone set in a solitare setting..

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Well, I guess it comes down to balancing color with the other C's. How about an E or F? Or maybe go down in clarity a bit. If you post your budget, some experts here will probably chime in with some nice diamonds for you to go look at online.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry, but I have an H and it is not yellow. An H with florescence should even be better. Just understand that incandescent lighting has a yellowness to it, so any diamond including a D can look a little yellow in the wrong lighting. However, my diamond exhibits no tint at all in natural daylight. And when I looked at diamonds outside in natural light, the tint did not become noticable to me until I got to J. Even then, it wasn't yellow.

If you can't live with the H, then go to F or G VS2. I am not understanding the huge gap between E SI1 and H VS1.

porterror

Rough_Rock
Yeah that''s my choice right now. I''m looking at going E instead of H, but I am really interested in the H because of this in the AGSL comments:

http://www.bluenile.com/certs/2047/AGS7487002_zoom.jpeg

"AGSL 7487002 H&A"

I think that H&A means "Hearts and Arrows?" 2 people from blue nile support said it could be....and the last one said she thinks it''s a candian diamond from a cutter called H&A??

Who is right here?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d take it that the support person knows zero. At BN, you''d better know what you want. It''s not like GOG or WF who can give you educated advice. You can pretty much bet that the cutter is NOT named H&A!

porterror

Rough_Rock
So that diamond could be a H&A diamond and better trade than the AGS000?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2006 10:12:05 AM
Author: porterror

'AGSL 7487002 H&A'

I think that H&A means 'Hearts and Arrows?' 2 people from blue nile support said it could be....and the last one said she thinks it's a candian diamond from a cutter called H&A??
hahahahhahahahahahhahhahaha.......classic

i explained the inscription in your other thread.

who's right?
35.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It appears that the cutter is representing it as hearts and arrows, yes. But there is no way to know if it has greater value than any other AGS) stone. I think it looks great and happens to be a very good price. So I''d personally take a chance on it. When a diamond is on a hand, you really can''t tell color difference very well. What will stand out is the size and the fact that it sparkles like crazy when it is an ideal cut stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2006 10:36:07 AM
Author: belle

Date: 12/21/2006 10:12:05 AM

''AGSL 7487002 H&A''

I think that H&A means ''Hearts and Arrows?'' 2 people from blue nile support said it could be....and the last one said she thinks it''s a candian diamond from a cutter called H&A??
hahahahhahahahahahhahhahaha.......classic
My feeling exactly, and why I usually recommend WF and GOG.

porterror

Rough_Rock
Test time.

I wonder if i call blue nile 5x and ask the same question about H&S...what I will get from each one.

I might just play it safe and go with a less clarity SI1 and a great color (E). Think you are both right and there shouldn''t be much a difference between H&S / AGS000

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should do whatever makes YOUmost comfortable. I am conscious about clarity when I can''t see the stone, so I''d only buy a VS2 or above from BN since that "support" person usually isn''t sitting there with the stone and telling you what the inclusions look like with a loupe or the eye. So for me, the H VS1 would be safer than an E SI1, but I''d still look for an F or G VS2 if I were you.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2006 10:41:43 AM
Test time.

I wonder if i call blue nile 5x and ask the same question about H&S...what I will get from each one.

I might just play it safe and go with a less clarity SI1 and a great color (E). Think you are both right and there shouldn''t be much a difference between H&S / AGS000
lol...yep, that would be enlightening!~

i think you need the ''e'' color. i really hope the si1 is eyeclean too! that would be a great bonus.
you will be perfectly happy with anything that is ags0, h&a or not.
2.gif

let us know how it goes!

porterror

Rough_Rock
Well, sorry to say. I stayed away from the H color dispite the great clarity on it.

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=i&pid=LD00331838&filter_id=0#grading_report ( Final )

Hopefully it really is "eye clean". I did just talk to 3 Blue Nile reps and each basically said the same thing to me now ( AGS000 vs. H&A) are almost considered the same thing to them. When they see ideal sym/polish/cut on a AGS they basically said you'll see hearts and arrows on there under the machine. They said the H&A might have been looked at already and confirmed H&A, but still has the same rating as the others AGS000.

I'm just hope'n the clarity isn't that bad.

In the end it came down to myself. I could clearly notice a differecne between E-G in the store when loose diamond (side view, bottom view). And if I ever caught a glimpse or she did of it being slightly off color i'd regret the decission.

Btw, I got it set in this setting and i think we are giong to shop for wedding bands together ;-P any ideas on a match to this?

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=1&page=1&col=1&row=1&pos=1&set_shape=RD

In the end I think I made out great. After spending months and months traveling in the philly/jesey area spending countless hours talking and workign on pricing locally....there is no way you could get this diamond in our area for less than $8000 in a store.

I was looking at a (.8, E, Ideal, SI2) that the guy wouldn't budge on $6200..and it was orginally priced at $7500!!! I can't image what they would charge for the diamond I just purchased!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think you made the right choice for you and that''s what''s important. keeping my fingers crossed for eyeclean!

the simple solitaire is great, you can pair almost anything with it. i love the diamond band ~a la tiffany~ next to it. of course, a plain band would be classic as well.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2006 11:26:59 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Congratulations! I am sure it will be beautiful! And I love the simple tiffany setting as well. I love a thin (2.5mm) diamond band with that setting. Look at the Facets site for some nice quality ones at decent prices.

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/home.cfm

Something like this:

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=1868

this one sits even a bit lower

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=3663
yep! i think either of these would be awesome!
3.gif
3.gif

i love that look.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you''re terribly afraid of the color in an H diamond I HIGHLY recommend you pay the premium for something in the DEF range. H is a great color and whether or not someone can see whatever hint is there is second to whether or not they *care* that it is there. You obviously care a great deal if you''re terribly afraid and since you''re buying the stone from BN I wouldn''t go beyond an F because of mind-cleanness.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you made a great choice for YOU. Don''t forget to post picts when you get the ring!

porterror

Rough_Rock
Yeah I see the whole YOU thing there. But, this is a surprise and I''m sure she''ll love it no matter what. I couldn''t take her along cause she''d end up going super cheap on everything ;-P. She''s a big saver girl.

I''ll make sure to post up pics of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results