shape
carat
color
clarity

Color grade variance betweeen Diamond and pave in ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
My BF will be purchasing the diamond for my e-ring in the next few weeks. The setting we like has G & H pave. I was wondering what color grades would look good with the pave?

I have seen a few halo & pave rings, where the melee sparkles so much, that it draws the attention away from the diamond, I want my diamond to stand out instead of being overlooked. The Ritani setting that we are looking at has more of a subtle bling, since the melee are so tiny. Your suggestions are appreciated.

ETA: I do realize cut is the biggest factor, but I am a perfectionist...

Here is the setting...

RMW1-top.jpg

appletini

Ideal_Rock
this is our favorite part of the ring...

RMW1-side.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My center stone is a D and my 2 pt melee in the halo and shank are F/G. I don''t notice any difference at all in the color of those itty bity stones and my center stone. If you go with bigger melee, you may want to stick to within 2 color grades max...D center with E or F melee, etc.

With H/I melee, I would look at rings from F or G to J, maybe with G being the sweet spot. The Ritani melee are so tiny, you''re not going to notice much color difference...it''s just going to be sparkly!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Firegoddes! Thanks for your input...I''m glad to know that I have some flexibility in my diamond''s color, I didn''t want to limited to 1 variance either way, in case something outside of that caught our eye. Btw...your ring is one of my favorites!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
The melee stones on my setting are G in color and my EC is an I. I do not notice a difference at all between the two. Hope that helps. Good luck.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tacori! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results