shape
carat
color
clarity

Color dilemma ..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
Ok - I need input. I'm driving myself crazy!

I'm getting married August 2 .. so it's a summer wedding. Our original colors were blue and green .. our flowers are going to be pale green hydrangeas with a few cream colored ones, mini-poms (there almost a limeish green) and sahara roses to tie in the light gold of my dress. This all sounded wonderful until I ran in to the problem of bridesmaid dresses. I wanted to do a blue BM dress but unfortuantely I hated the dress that I picked once I saw it on my girls .. and that designer had the only blue that I liked! The problem is the blues I like are only in fabrics for dresses that I don't like but that's beside the point. Anyways, we've picked our dress and I've decided to go with a black dress. While I'd love to do black on black because there's a sash, my girls think this is a bad idea. I love the way black looks with green flowers so I want to stay with a darker color (the blue is an extremely royal blue and the green seems semi-childish with the black in my opinion but it's so hard to say without seeing the actual dress in those colors!) and I've decided on black and an amethyst sash - so that cancels out the blue.

Ultimately my question is .. will black, deep purple and light green look tacky or off season?! Would a black and amethyst colored dress look alright?!

Thanks, as always, for all the advice and suggestions ya'll give!

I'm going to post pictures of the dresses, shoes, flowers and groomsmen attire that I'm thinking of .. so give me a second because I'm slow with pictures!

First is the BM dress .. there's no picture that I can find of the front of the dress but it's just a plain strapless dress with the sash going around the front .. perhaps the champagne would look even though it's a light color and the color of my dress?! So as of now it's this black dress with an amethyst sash ..

hjfdhglfjo.jpg

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
We''d use these purple shoes .. I loooooooooove them!

purplebmshoe.jpg

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
The groomsmen would wear a vest and tie like this color but with a black shirt instead of a white one ..

acc_tie_solid_windsor.jpg

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
We''re copying this for our chairs .. these are the green hydrangeas ..

h2.jpg

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
Here are mini-poms .. they''ll be used for the boutonnieres and honestly I can''t remember right off what else they''ll be in ..

659buttonpoms.jpg

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a picture of the room our ceremony will be held in .. I know it usually helps to see it!

v1051632.jpg

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
Lastly here''s a picture of the room our reception will be held in. Sorry for all of the pictures!
9.gif

atrium3hdjfg.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Kittybean is getting married at the end of June and I am getting married mid September and both of us are doing dark purple and light green. So to answer your question I think it will be fine.

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
Are either of ya''ll throwing any black in the mix or just the purple and green?

MommaChristine

Shiny_Rock
1 more pictures because I like posting them! Is it just me or do my purples not go together at all?! Oh geeze .. here''s the color the sash would be.

purplebmcolor123.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I''m not using black but I am incorporating muted oranges and pinks into the reception as well as coco brown. There really aren''t any rules and I''ve seen a lot of black/light green weddings look fantastic. Why not add purple?

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Purples are very hard to match. There are red purples and blue purples. I''d get a swatch of something and try and match that to keep it consistent.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I forgot to mention that because of this I am putting the guys in light green ties and vests. The girls flowers are light green. And the guys bouts. most likely will be light orange or pink. It''ll all come together somehow.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
So your colors are black, purple, and green? I posted black and green flower arrangements in this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-with-flowers-and-color.104321/.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results