shape
carat
color
clarity

Color difference between AGS rated H and F?

thk3

Rough_Rock
Wondering how different a princess cut AGS0 would look in H color compared to F?

fantasyxy

Rough_Rock
I have an H princess in AGS all 0; by itself it's alright in most context but in a room with dim lighting it shows a yellowish tint; I compared it to a F round cut (also all AGS0, ACA) and the color difference is obvious when they were first brought out to me in sunlight. However, afterwards, I think the color difference is not that noticeable either under the sun or in the room (except when in the dim light situation for which the F RB still shows no sign of yellow as far as I can tell).
The H does appear to be more 'translucent' (is that the word?) while the F RB appears to be a solid white color to me. I don't know if it's the difference in shape or in color though, possibly both.
Here are some comparisons that I took with my rings. The H princess shows more reflection of the contextual color, I think.

outside comparison hand.jpg

window comparison.jpg

window comparison 2.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are we talking RBs? Princess cuts show more color in general, just for some perspective on the great photos the PP posted.

The H could likely look ever-so-slightly warmer to most people in a direct comparison, but it would be subtle. On its own, to most people, an H color stone is utterly colorless.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results