shape
carat
color
clarity

Color communication tool

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

colorgem

Rough_Rock
Anybody know a color communication tool for colored stones ?.
I found the Gemewizard and downloaded the software from the site.
Looks good but i am looking for something else.

Thanks

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
GemWizard is terribly expensive. I like the free color charts that Chrono posted better!!! What is the purpose of needing this tool if I might ask?

colorgem

Rough_Rock
twodoor2 : I am working on Colored Stones project and Gemewizard is the best I found. Colors look like real stones.

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
How can you trust the monitor though? Oh well, as long as you like it, that''s what counts!!!
emteeth.gif

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/3/2007 10:20:38 PM
Author: twodoor2
How can you trust the monitor though? Oh well, as long as you like it, that''s what counts!!!
emteeth.gif

Monitors are the problem with Gemewizard color communication because they vary so much. My preference is the printed GemDialogue system from Howard Rubin. It can be translated into other major color terminologies: GIA Gemset, Munsell & World of Color and Colorscan.

I agree that personal preference is the most important thing. But color communication between buyer and seller can be a problem even with on-line images that often don''t render color accurately and monitors that don''t reproduce the color correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results