shape
carat
color
clarity

color combo - rose gold with yellow diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I like it - it looks like there is a thin milgrained yg halo around the stone - and I think that''s all the yg that the yellow stone needs to pop. I don''t think I would do a rg bezel around a yellow diamond (but then again, I wouldn''t be likely to do a yg bezel on a white diamond, either).

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it too. Which is weird because I don''t like yellow....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not for me...

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not liking it so much. It looks like the yellow color of the diamond gets lost in all the pink.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Can''t say I like it - rose gold is deeper than the color of center stone which is never a good idea, and there''s quite a lot of it. I also think a two-tone design would be more elegant. But that''s just me
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t care for it either.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 11:08:50 PM
Author: Catmom
I''m not liking it so much. It looks like the yellow color of the diamond gets lost in all the pink.
Ditto. It gets lost.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally don't care for how DBL photographs and films their jewelry. They need sharper pictures (too grainy). I think sometimes that also make a stone get lost in the metal. I actually get headaches looking at their listings. I have seen some gorgeous DBL pieces photographed by their owners that make the piece look a million times better than the DBL photos do. I guess they have a good thing going, so if it "ain't broke, don't fix it." However, I do think their photos downplay the true beauty of their pieces .. . and as we all know, they are just drop dead gorgeous.

Well the reason I posted this is because I'm thinking of setting one of my lemon yellow 1/2 carater (same diamond color as in this DBL piece) in my Tacori style white gold mount, but I was thinking of keeping the rose gold prongs. I'm not happy with my brownish pink stone in there, and it looks too brown. Before it was set, it distinctly had a much pinker cast. That setting is very closed up around the pavillion, and I think it would be more appropriate for a much lighter stone. Otherwise, I think I might just have to replace the pink gold prongs already in there with yellow gold. Ugh!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Miss Tourmaline

I love looking at DBL''s goodies, but this one doesn''t float my boat

Your new avatar on the other hand does - lovely picture and just like you I''m sure!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laying aside the colour combo of that ring, it''s just too clunky! The central diamond gets totally lost. Not one of DBLs finest!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2008 1:26:56 PM
Author: Gailey
Miss Tourmaline

I love looking at DBL's goodies, but this one doesn't float my boat

Your new avatar on the other hand does - lovely picture and just like you I'm sure!
That's the great Garbo! Glad someone noticed my new avitar, and it is nothing like me. Picture someone with messy hair, no makeup, in sweats (that's me!).

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 11:07:04 PM
Author: neatfreak
Not for me...

me either. There's so much metal on that ring--it's hard to differentiate prongs and stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results