shape
carat
color
clarity

Color change spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Color change spinel, 2.24 cts, Sri Lanka

714715spin.jpg

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
Awesome.

I love colour change gems. This one and garnet 3 are superb.

Thank you for sharing :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zeolite,
I have the same question as the diospore gemstone thread. Is the difference in background colour caused by the change in the type of lighting in order to get the stone to change colours? Also, the reflection in the facets did not change, therefore I presume you must have a pretty good lighting setup to be able to change light sources without moving the stone.

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/4/2008 9:02:19 PM
Author: Chrono
Zeolite,
I have the same question as the diospore gemstone thread. Is the difference in background colour caused by the change in the type of lighting in order to get the stone to change colours? Also, the reflection in the facets did not change, therefore I presume you must have a pretty good lighting setup to be able to change light sources without moving the stone.
A deeper explanation of the background color is discussed at the end of the Color Change Garnet (#1) thread.

Yes, my set-up holding the gem and diffuser is very stable. The gems are in exactly the same position, with only the lighting being changed.

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
oh, wow!! i love it, the colors you have in these photographs are beautiful!! i can''t wait to see it set!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone looks lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results