shape
carat
color
clarity

Color and reception question. Please help!

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
I have barely started planning (just researching a bunch online) and am already going crazy.
Here are my questions.

Anyone know of a good receptions and ceremony site in Ma for a reasonable amount of money you would suggest?

Second,
We originally were planning a June wedding because I love the colors of the flowers in spring/summer. However, because I'm getting all stressed out by this wedding planning thing (wish I could afford a planner), we are moving it a few months to Sept-ish 2012. Can I still do spring colored flowers in the fall? I don't like fall colors. I keep thinking of Thanksgiving, with pumkins and squash colors (deeps reds, oranges, greens). I think I want to keep to the blues and pinks. I'm having internal turmoil. Like, if I added gold to the colors in June, I would love it, but I think gold in Sept is too fall and then I hate it. It's probably just me, but I think I need some support and encouragement. Help!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely you can do blues and pinks. The birthstone for September is blue, so blues just seem like a very natural color for that month! Pinks are always doable for a wedding, IMO.

My favorite blue and white bouquet for inspiration.

ss_100444963.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I think you should do whatever colors you want. To heck with the notion that certain colors only work at certain times...this is YOUR wedding, so it should reflect what you want, not what others think is seasonally appropriate!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just because I can....

PINK...

large_imageCAF23HINGYPS.jpg

a24acd770ef454fcaeccdb742e2b62fa.jpg

81bd6f0b811713cdbe51b26cbef8a021.jpg

spring pink.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think September is on the fringe of summer/fall- so i think you can totally get away with pinks and blues for your colors. It's your wedding.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, why not? It's still *hot* and summery enough in September!

Just don't confide in your beloved MIL that you're not sure that her dress complements the carpet, and I think you can do whatever colours you want :oops:

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I deifnitely think you can do pink and blue in September. Just make sure your colors aren't super pale or it could end up looking like a baby shower!

I'd pick one of the colors and make it slightly more intense than the other. I adore those deep blue, almost purple hydrangea and I think they look gorgeous with pink.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Where in MA? I've been to and heard of some beach weddings, schools, libraries, historical societies, museums, etc. that were a bit off the beaten track so were more reasonable. Also some times of day and some days make all the difference. If you can give general parameters of numbers and area lots of people can help you!

Whatever color you want that pleases your future spouse as well is perfect.

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for easing my concerns.

Gypsy- I love that bouquet. I am leaning towards a blue and white theme and leave out the pink all together.

Swimmer - anywhere in New England would be fine for the both of us since we are in western Ma and our families are both in eastern Ma. I was looking at the Aquarium, the Boston Public Library (SO does not like bc he doesn't really like to read, but I do), The Museum of Science, Spirit of Boston....but I think they will all be out of price range since they all have minimums that are in between what we will likely have, which is about 100 guest BTW. I would just love to borrow someones back yard, set up a tent and throw and very intimate low cost wedding (don't have a back yard to borrow).....or a really different one that we and all our guest will remember (might be out of the questions because of cost). Ugh. Why can't I just settle for a nice hotel hall....but I just can't.....I think. Ugh.

Anybody want to plan a wedding for me? :???:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love blue and white. Here's a pic... Navy BM dresses, blue and white flowers. Striking, clean, elegant, and definitely appropriate for September.

I have to say that I much prefer this look to pink and blue.

Blue bouquet flowers.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I went to a beautiful wedding at the Log Cabin (I think it is in Holyoke?) I have NO idea what it costs though.

also I think you can absolutely have pink or blue flowers in September (or any month!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results