shape
carat
color
clarity

color and clarity in Platinum setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jeff

Rough_Rock
I''m going to purchase a princess cut diamond in the near future and wanted to know if it''s true that once it is set in platinum that H or I will look as good as the better colors. I want an eye clean, white and sparkly diamond, will this cut it? I''m on a budget so do you have any sugguestions? I was thinking of a .90-.99ct SI1, H or I, AGA 1A Princess set in Platinum. Thanks again
read.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jeff!
wavey.gif

H is a great color! In the middle of the near colorless range and more "economically" priced than G. I color, although still near colorless, might be a bit "iffy" in a princess. While you can easily go I or J in a well cut Round, square cuts hold more body color than rounds. Recently, several people have gotten I color radiants and emerald cuts and been very pleased. A lot is going to depend on the quality of the cut. Diamonds always face up whiter than their graded color if they are well cut.

And setting does brighten diamonds. Especially platinum. Platinum is sooooo white that it lends that effect to diamonds.

You should be able to find a very nice SI1. Just be sure to check the inclusions plot and check with the vendor on the size, type, color, and location of inclusions.
1.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I is a cut off point for face-up colorless/whiteness in that size of princess cut. (This is a generality as higher brilliancy, more white light return, makes a diamond seem less colored to a small extent.

H and up look very much the same at this size in a princess cut....Not that they are the same, but they are passibly similar.

Jeff

Rough_Rock
Would you recommend going up to a G rather than a H color? I'm trying to save money and was wondering if I will really even be able to tell the difference? Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results