shape
carat
color
clarity

Color affect shallowness?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rosy

Shiny_Rock

Hi,

Have a question. Will a slightly shallower stone look more shallow as you go down in color grades of a stone? I''m interested in a stone that scores a .8 on the HCA. I read that for scores below 1 the stones are more shallow & will look darker up close. The stone is an H color. Will it look darker up close due to the slight hallowness than say an E or F color or does color have no bearing at all? Please help!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

When they say "stones with smaller HCA scores look darker" this 'dark' does not refer to color, but some optical effect (there is a newsletter on ideal-scope.com abou this, Garry calls it "heald obstruction").

This is ideal cut after all. I am not sure how many mortals would spot differences of looks produced by half degree variation in a 1 carat round brilliant. In theory, something is there... if you know what to look for under 10X!

Whether this or that kind of ideal shows more or less of the body color of a diamond... I don't think anyone has split this hair around here just yet.

5.gif
I would be curious to hear about ideal cut fancy light yellows, but H ? There is no color to talk about in there already...

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Does this mean that the darkness that comes with a .8 HCA scoring diamond is only seen when magnified by 10X? I think i''m a little confused by the response. Will you please clarify?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results