carat
color
clarity

Colombian emeralds

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confection10|1425288895|3840619 said:
Too good to be true; http://www.jrcolombianemeralds.net???? They have stores on Etsy and Ebay too. Just curious, because I haven't found much reviews.

Not sure about them, but I will say this, I would never ever purchase an expensive emerald in this day and age without an AGL gem brief, at the very least. Most expensive stones would get an AGL color quality report. He appears to sell lower to mid-grade emeralds on his etsy shop though.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like the return policy.
http://www.jrcolombianemeralds.net/shipping-returns/

Returns Policy

You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).

You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).

I don't understand how a person is to evaluate the gem or jewellery without opening the box.
Secondly, there is zero information about the treatment and level of treatment.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
TL, thanks. I know what You mean.

Thanks Chrono! I was wondering same thing; how can You accept something You're not able to see it first? In the end , retun policy doesn't matter to me, because sending anything back from Finland is out of order. Too much hassle with customs and safe delivery back to seller. The reason why I asked was, if someone has ever bought anything from them and were item as described. Or totally disaster? About treatments there is what he says; https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jorge-rodriguez/23/375/8a2... If numbers were 95% treated, 5% untreated, it sounds more true. Now I really don't know.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also saw his website and thought a number of pieces were attractive, but again I couldn't find out too much about him or the site enough to feel comfortable. I ended up purchasing a stone through embassy emeralds. For each stone he lists what if any treatments it has, and also sells some certed stones. I also felt his photos were representative of how the stones looked as well.

Good luck!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is true that most emeralds are treated but the level of treatment and its type also matters because it has a bearing on pricing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results