shape
carat
color
clarity

Cobalt Spinel by Richard Homer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CaraMish

Shiny_Rock
WoW!!! Received this yesterday: 8.5x8.5mm (2.63ct) cobalt spinel concave cushion faceted by gem artist Richard Homer. Any doubts I had about about dark stones were put to rest when I saw this beauty: spinels aren''t known for their sparkle, but this one truly does! How can a dark stone look so clear and brilliant??? It''s the most beautiful gem I''ve ever seen! Mr. Homer is a genius, and a truly nice guy!

I''ll take photos tomorrow when the baby is at playgroup-He wants to "help" too much for me to get a good shot...

Here''s Mr. Homer''s photo:

5522bspinel.JPG

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Love it! :)

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
What are you going to do with it???

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, I can''t wait to see more pics of that baby!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
nice stone!

isn''t that the point of concave cut with dark stones: to lighten, brighten and allow more light?

movie zombie

CaraMish

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/17/2006 6:05:18 PM
Author: movie zombie
nice stone!

isn''t that the point of concave cut with dark stones: to lighten, brighten and allow more light?

movie zombie
Yes, I just had no concave faceting would lighten and brighten as much as it does!!!! I''m relatively new to coloured gemstones (compared to many of the truly knowledgable folks here), thus didn''t know what to expect...
21.gif

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
Oooh... but, you still didn''t fill us in on your plans for this one!!! :)

CaraMish

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/17/2006 6:42:06 PM
Author: kristy_lyn
Oooh... but, you still didn't fill us in on your plans for this one!!! :)
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

I was searching for my pics of the setting!!!
9.gif

Forgive my photos...
41.gif
Can't get this one to display the photo...click on the attachment and it will come up...Gallery shot.

359136-DBL%28450x411%29.jpg

CaraMish

Shiny_Rock
Okay, let's try this again...

Diamonds by Lauren platinum, diamond, and 18k rose gold setting...It's got a cushion cz in it for photo purposes...

dbl1.JPG

CaraMish

Shiny_Rock
Here''s with a Michael Edgett 8.75mm square cut corner aquamarine-the stone I was originally going to put in this setting...

dbl3.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stone is a knockout. I love what concave faceting does to dark stones. Just makes them so ALIVE! I love the mounting you''ve chosen as well!
36.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
OH wow that stone is going to loo scrumptous in that settting... I am so impressed.. you just gotta love Richards stuff!

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s going to be beautiful... :)

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
ooooh I can''t wait to see the final product !! I love that setting from DBL!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How lovely. Congratulations.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Nice stone, can''t wait to see it complete!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/17/2006 5:09:00 PM
Author:CaraMish
WoW!!! Received this yesterday: 8.5x8.5mm (2.63ct) cobalt spinel concave cushion faceted by gem artist Richard Homer. Any doubts I had about about dark stones were put to rest when I saw this beauty: spinels aren''t known for their sparkle, but this one truly does! How can a dark stone look so clear and brilliant??? It''s the most beautiful gem I''ve ever seen! Mr. Homer is a genius, and a truly nice guy!

I''ll take photos tomorrow when the baby is at playgroup-He wants to ''help'' too much for me to get a good shot...

Here''s Mr. Homer''s photo:
Wow..Cara!

Very Beautiful stone. I can''t wait to see the end result..
9.gif
Congrats on your new stone!
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results