shape
carat
color
clarity

Coati are you there

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Coati, I have a silly question. I am thinking of resetting my 6 prong RB and wondered if you missed your solitare setting at all? James is making me a 10 stone diamond band and I am thinking of having him make me a ering setting but wonderd if I will mis my tradition setting. I can put it with anything....sooooo do you ? I know you have tons of beautiful bands. do you still stack them?
******** Live Life, Love Someone and Laugh Everyday********
WOOO

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 3:04:43 PM
Author:woobug02
Coati, I have a silly question. I am thinking of resetting my 6 prong RB and wondered if you missed your solitare setting at all? James is making me a 10 stone diamond band and I am thinking of having him make me a ering setting but wonderd if I will mis my tradition setting. I can put it with anything....sooooo do you ? I know you have tons of beautiful bands. do you still stack them?

******** Live Life, Love Someone and Laugh Everyday********

WOOO

Hiya--I''ve been a bit busy of late...
1.gif

I don''t miss a prong setting at all. In fact, I''m going through the process of bezeling most of my rings. Do you think you''ll miss the 6 prong?

I''m not stacking lately. I wear my JM plain and simple with the band he made me. I''m really into bezeled diamonds with plain bands right now.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for answering me. I am totally into bezels too!!! How weird!!! He and Caleb both have settings I love. Calebs is more modern and Jim''s more ornate. We seem to have very similar taste sooo I felt you would be a good sounding board. Are you having your bands redone? Jim is currently making me new bands. Very simple. mine with small diamonds DH''s without.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome!

Nah, my bands just sit in my jewelry box--haha. My taste is always a-changin''.

Your bands will be lovely--can''t wait to see them.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
mine too ;-) THANK YOU!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
can i just say....

that my new james meyer milgrain platinum band has been in the post for 6 days on its way from PA to me here in NY and i''m just about climbing the walls! i go to LA tomorrow for 2 weeks, and if it doesnt come TODAY it''ll be another 2 weeks - aarrghh!

thanks for your help, coati, with info re your band which i have come close to copying, but noooooot quite. when i get back from LA i''ll throw up some pictures as my engagement ring also should be back from it''s new reset in new hampshire. honestly! my jewelry is more well travelled than me!

and woobug, i''m in the process of changing a fair bit of my jewelry to bezel too; for some reason it struck me suddenly that setting diaonds in prongs was precarious for the stone. i''m not sure why i think that now - i just do! seemed to be a notion i got into my head about a year ago; i suddenly realized i''d be incredibly upset if any of my stones were chipped. so now any new rings wiht stones that i buy tend to be bezel set. jim meyer is also making me a ring for my 25th anniversary in september and it''s....of course! bezel!

seriously, that man''s web site should have its own 12 step program!

hoping my new rings are half as gorgeous as yours, coati, and looking forward to seeing your new rings woobug!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHIT what ring is he making you!!! I am excited to see. Which band did you have made.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi woo :)

nothing NEARLY as grand as that golden sapphire STUNNER of yours i saw on the other thread!! whoa baby!!

the one currently stuck in the mail is very similar to coati''s wedder, but platinum, narrow milgrain, a slightly hammered finish. coati''s is concave, tho, whereas mine is flat. the one he''s making for me for september is a reset of the opal my father gave my mother for their 25th anniversary. my mother died shortly after that, so 25 is as long as they had. september will mark my 25th anniversary (and i''m hoping to do considerably better than they did!) i thought it would be very nice to have their opal reset for the occasion. i''m thinking of one of the styles in the attached photos - with either garnets or hot pink sapphires on the shoulders. the opal is very turquoise, so it should be a very bold RHR. :)

jimmeyerringsa.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOODNESS these are just beautiful!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I love all 3 of these settings! I am soo excited for you. Jim is so nice to work with :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results