shape
carat
color
clarity

Coast Diamond halo fishtail style

ODMcTall

Rough_Rock
Any reviews on this setting?
I would be placing my current .9 carat in this setting in white gold. This jeweler recommended white gold to me over platinum. I was concerned with choosing white gold because my job requires frequent hand washing (optometrist) and I want something sturdy. Any thoughts on metal type? They will re-plate every year for no charge. Any thoughts about the quality of Coast's settings?

original ring
iphone%20122.jpg

New Coast setting shown with 1 ct. diamond. Fishtail design

ring%20101.jpg

ring%20100.jpg

with wedding band
ring%20096.jpg

other setting I had been considering. The delicacy of it worried me, I like the Coast better.
XE101-2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the Coast it's beautiful.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1316657697|3022593 said:
I like the Coast it's beautiful.

Me too! Lovely.

Regarding white gold, if the water you're washing your hands with has chlorine (and I think all city tap water does), you should take your ring off. Chlorine is bad for white gold.

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, beautiful setting!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I ask why the jeweler is pushing white gold and not platinum? It sounds almost like they don't know how to work in Platinum and want an easy out. Personally, I would go platinum over gold, even if I wasn't allergic to it. It's sturdier, IMO, and will not ever require plating.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I like the coast much better than the other one. If your current ring is plat and you like it...get platinum. Also is your wedding band platinum or do you not have one yet? it is best to get both in the same metal.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Coast setting. It will be beautiful :love:

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
I love the Coast Setting also - it is very elegant.

JML

Rough_Rock
I absolutely love the halo setting you've picked out! That looks even bigger than a 1 carat on you, btw. May I ask - what size is your finger? (I'm a 2.5 and wanted to get an idea of halo coverage).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the coast ring is very pretty. I have plat rings and white gold rings. My white gold
rings have to be replated more than once a year. I have my plat rings repolished about every
3 years (the patina doesn't bother me).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results