shape
carat
color
clarity

Cluster Bombs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I read in the Economist that cluster bombs will be another early test for Obama.

He kept many of Bushes military advisers.
And apparently 1/2 the bomb ordinance is cluster bombs which have been banned by Nato last week.

I guess it is better to be selling diamonds in a downturn than cluster bombs right now?

I am sure idealogiacally Obama would be horrified at their usage. What will he do?
(I would hate to be in his position)

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone is horrified at the prospect of using any bomb, cluster or otherwise. Maybe NATO should put ALL bombs on the list.

I''m sure all those little nasty countries all over the world will be reading the NATO newsletter to see which bombs they can no longer use.

In the end, Obama will be careful and do the most politically expedient thing.

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
I suppose the agreement could mean that NATO countries couldn''t use them in the event of a war taking place inside one of the countries which are part of NATO. But if the location of the war wasn''t a signer of NATO why should the treaty apply? NATO doesn''t rule the world.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results