shape
carat
color
clarity

Clueless

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

andrea

Shiny_Rock
How on earth do you "burn a CD"
confused.gif

My computer has the cd writer in it, but I have no info. on how to use it.
I need to copy some of my CD''s, but don''t know where to start.
The "tech in a box" has me running in circles.
I guess if I understood some of the computer lingo, it might not be so hard to figure out
rolleyes.gif

I''m sure it''s easy to figure out, but I haven''t gotten that far yet
cry.gif

Please help
3.gif

Aprile

Rough_Rock
Andrea,
What kind of CD "creator" program do you have installed?
Most of them are relatively easy as you don't have to convert from wav format. You should be able to open up your program, for example Roxio, & it will give you several options. One of the options will be "COPY CD". You place your original cd in the DVD and or CD Drive (usually called C : )then take a blank audio cd in the burner drive (usually called E : ). Follow the instructions on the program....The normal procedure is that the disk is checked for compatability, length ec & then it copies (it may say "writing track". Then it will tell you when it is finished.
If you don't know the name of your cd crearting program, look in the Program List. If for some reason you don't have one, I belive Nero has a free trial d/l which you can get from downloads.com.

A
1.gif

P.S I assumed you meant music cd's. If you want to copy programs etc, use blank data cd's.

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
>>the DVD and or CD Drive (usually called C : )<<

FWIW I have never yet seen a puter in which the DVD or CD drive is reefered to as C:

Perhaps you meant D:

song

Rough_Rock
The best thing to do is print off your manual/help files for the CD writer and take it from there. The writers are very user friendly now, just follow the instructions. Do a search on google and do some reading there as well.

I use Easy CD Creator by Adaptec to burn my cd's. (burning is tech talk for copying *s*), but there are several other software programs out there like Nero or Toast (Toast is for Mac users and made by Adaptec) that are excellent and easy to use.

Rman is correct, the C: drive usually houses the OS (operating system i.e. Windows 95/98/ME/XP etc) The other drive letters are dependent on how your computer is set up.

Burning a cd is very simple and all you really need to do is familiarize yourself with the software that you'll use. Good luck!

Aprile

Rough_Rock
Yep....typo..I meant D.
2.gif

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Typo, I figured as much OK??? Nero or Roxio both have their supporters and detractors. Roxio works for me, although for music I don't think it is any longer necessary to use the music only CD's.

Aprile

Rough_Rock
I loved Adaptec but they changed it to a degree when Roxio bought it. I still use Adaptec on my pc that runs Win98. On XP I use Nero. I think it's just a matter of which format is easiest for the user.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results