shape
carat
color
clarity

Clueless with diamonds: help on 1.18 Round

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

clueless_2

Rough_Rock
I don't know much about diamonds, but this quote seemed to be a lot lower than other comparable diamonds. Can anybody tell me what's wrong with this price/diamond if anything?

EGL cert
Round Brilliant
1.18 ct
Measurements: 6.82 - 6.72 x 4.24 mm
Depth 62.50%
Table 54.00%
Crown 16.10%
Pavilion 43.4%
Girdle Thin to Medium Faceted
Cutlet None
Polish Good to Very Good
Symmetry Good
Clarity VS2
Color G
Fluorescence Faint Blue

Price: $4850 US dollars

Thanks in advance,
Clueless_2

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Israel and Antwerp EGL certs are often a grade or two over stated.
The proportions look near to very good - get the crown and pavilion angles from the vendor and run them thru the cut adviser. If you like it then make the sale contingent on an appraiser from the list here. Have the vendor ship it direct to the appraiser.
Trust me and do as I say - it will sort the stone grade out because the vendor may know the stone is over graded.

clueless_2

Rough_Rock
Thanks Cut Nut. I had it appraised and it ended up being an SI-1 and a J Color! The EGL cert was done within the last year. The appraiser said EGL had a new owner and was trying to clean up their image. Guess it's just talk. What a rip! Now that I forgot everything about diamonds, I guess I need to start looking again. Ugh! Too darn complicated for my little brain.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results