shape
carat
color
clarity

Cluck like a chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Disclaimer: Do this somewhere private.

This works for me. I don''t know why. But clucking and screaming like a deranged chicken in private (my car on my lunch break... in the house when alone) really helps me when I''m LOSING it from stress.

Yes. I''m serious.

Free viewing in my car in 5 minutes if you can figure out where I work : ).

What crazy thing works for you?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG -- I''m laughing so hard I''m crying!

As for relieving stress, I just drink.
9.gif
Quieter than clucking and screaming, but probably harder on the liver over the long term, LOL.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAAAAAAHA!

I remember that idea being presented as a "fend off attack" strategy by well-meaning but perhaps confused girls high school gym class instructors ... as well as the popular at the time "eat grass"??
25.gif

Just think of all the criminals you''ve probably foiled over the years unknowingly!

I wish I had a sure-fire stress reliever to share. I''ve been watching this show INTERVENTION and people there seem to have great luck with: Meth -or- Alchohol -or- Bulimia -or- Shoplifting -or- Crack -or- Gambling -or- some kooky combo of the above. Gonna look into ''em!
31.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy... thank you for that HILARIOUS mental image!!! I do a yoga breathing technique called ujjayi pranayama, where you constrict the back of the throat and breathe deeply from your diaphragm. It is AWESOME and is very calming, I also use it when I can''t sleep.

*M*

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay admit it. How many of you secretly clucked yesterday? Just a little cluck to see how it feels?
2.gif

I very happy I gave you all a laugh yesterday. I forgot to mention the flapping of arms that accompanies the clucking.

I moved the car before I let loose yesterday as my car is in view of my bosses office.

Discretion is a good policy when indulging in insanity.

Deejay... lmao on the drinking. Harder on the liver... but socially acceptable.

Deco... Um. Give the clucking a try before taking any drastic measures!

poptart: Yoga!!! Okay... now see that''s something I should look into.

Yeah... thieves everywhere fear the chicken lady. I tried deranged duck and crazy goose... but the chicken is much more effective for some reason. Go figure!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL!!! I tried it!! It was kind of fun. For stress I often do 10 jumping jacks in my office cube. People might be able to hear me doing them, but I don''t care. It also helps me focus when I''m getting tired.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I close my eyes and sweep my hands up while I take a deep breath moving my hands up from out to my sides over my tummy, lungs, and up over my closed eyes.... then I turn my palms down and push the bad energy down from my head and eyes and back out of my lungs ending with my arms almost straight out to the sides again and I just hover in a calm balance for a moment (whatever I need) and when I open my eyes everything is fresh and clear.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2006 1:52:28 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
OMG -- I''m laughing so hard I''m crying!

As for relieving stress, I just drink.
9.gif
Quieter than clucking and screaming, but probably harder on the liver over the long term, LOL.
I''m not a drinker but I''ve seriously thought to take it up the past 10 years or so.... in fact at thanksgiving (my family is big into wine - several work for wineries or make wine down in napa, and has been prone to alcoholism over the generations) we were all joking about family dysfunction and someone said that''s why we all drink and I said maybe I should try it... so I did... and yanno, after a couple glasses of wine my family was MUCH more tolerable!!!! Now I know!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 12:49:11 PM
Author: Gypsy
Yeah... thieves everywhere fear the chicken lady. I tried deranged duck and crazy goose... but the chicken is much more effective for some reason. Go figure!
I can see it now!! "where you off to?" "I gotta go do the funky chicken!" hahaha

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2006 1:35:00 PM
Author: kcoursolle
LOL!!! I tried it!! It was kind of fun. For stress I often do 10 jumping jacks in my office cube. People might be able to hear me doing them, but I don''t care. It also helps me focus when I''m getting tired.
this is what we have the kids do when they''re getting stuck/grumpy/tired during homework!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
blowing things up with a 44mag is even better stress relief.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
gypsy : ) hope your week improves! Clearly you''re feeling the pressure!

I tried it today when I read your post... Made me feel silly, made me laugh (so it was 1/2 clucking, 1/2 laughing), made me relax a bit! I was impressed... who knew!

My own techniques?
-Throw tennis balls in the back yard for the dogs -- does wonders for my mood and stress level
-Go run around the office building once or twice... helps keep me from screaming at coworkers sometimes
-A bowl of Brigham''s Oreo ice cream and a big glass of skim milk if things are REALLY bad... alcohol just doesn''t do it for me either...

Aussie : p

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results